FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a DDX 6019 with a Kna-g510 trunk hard drive navi unit.

Anyone installed one of these types of units before? My main concern is where to hook up the speedo wire? I heard we have a digital speedo in our cars which may require an adapter of some sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an FYI to any with interest.

After talking to Kenwood this afternoon...

They outsourced the actual Navigation hard drive unit to Garmin. The G-510 is designed so that newer model cards (like ours) with the fly by wire throttle system and digital speedo (pulse) can use the system whether stick or auto without any additional parts.

According to their rep this is the only system (right now) that doesnt require connection to the speed sensor input on aftermarket radio applications.

SO, in turn I got the answer to my question.

FYI for those who care...

I got the Head Unit for $650 through amazon brand new (not refurb), and the Navi unit was purchased through the same dealer via phone for $498.00. The cheapest I found the same components in a package deal was $1195 refurbed and I managed to get new for the same price.

Paid for express delivery (1 to 3 days), hope to have it friday, but was told it went out late this afternoon and might not arrive until Monday.
Will post pics after I install it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks pretty good. I was wondering if the steering wheel controls will work with the new head unit? Also if you don't mind, could you take a close up pic of the unit in the dash? It looks like a pretty good fit.

·
Registered
297 Posts

The Jensen Head unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=NS4683 link=topic=62397.msg1099314#msg1099314 date=1165340691]
That looks pretty good. I was wondering if the steering wheel controls will work with the new head unit? Also if you don't mind, could you take a close up pic of the unit in the dash? It looks like a pretty good fit.
[/quote]

Dont have a close up picture... Fact is someone tried to break into my car after seeing it on cardomain so I removed the entire profile....

Either way, it looks about like the one watufaka posted... Just has a larger screen and no buttons on the sides. The unit sells from crutchfield and cardomain for $999.00

As for the steering wheel controls, Yes it works with them. But I had to buy an adapter that cost about $100.00. To be honest that was a royal PIA to install and I dont think I would do the steering controls again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That jensen unit is nice.. my friend has it and i love it man.. its so easy to control. and the ipod feature is awesome... ill probably put that one on my car, its also cheaper than most units out there and comes with more stuff than you would expect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts