FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what a difference it made. I haven't done any engine mods to my car yet, but I can tell you that the new reflash made my car drive much better all around. It has better throttle response and it doesn't stay in gears too long like it used to. It even feels as if it has more torque and especially through 2nd gear.

If anyone was thinking of doing this I highly recommend it. :goodjob:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have not had my reflashed, but i am running bob's tunes, should i have it done? I know then bob would have to send me sum new tunes, and i don't know the steps in doing so. ( like getting the pcm # ) after it is done. any help would be great, or thoughts!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=WIFL link=topic=86403.msg1649214#msg1649214 date=1187394641]
I have not had my reflashed, but i am running bob's tunes, should i have it done? I know then bob would have to send me sum new tunes, and i don't know the steps in doing so. ( like getting the pcm # ) after it is done. any help would be great, or thoughts!!
[/quote]

no, I would thin that if your running Bobs tunes you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
WIFL, what do you think Bob's tunes are? They reflash your PCM. If you are running custom tunes, there's no reason for a dealer reflash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
okay, so i'm running completely stock (except the drop in k&n filter). what approach should i take when i go to the dealer and talk to the service guys?
i dont want to step on anyones toes, but i cant stand the incredible 'take off from standstill' lag that i have. i also cant stand the 'what gear should i go to' lag when i try to take off when the red light changes to green when i am at 1 mph approaching the red light. i know automotive technicians do not want to listen to the consumers (even though i have worked on various machines for 20+ years) when we come in and make educated suggestions as to how to fix what is wrong with their cars. any ideas how i can make them suggest to me that i need a reflash?

p.s. i have the 2007 i4 2.3l 160 hp auto se version made in dec 06.

p.p.s. i REALLY have worked on the most complex machinery ever made.

·
Registered
410 Posts
[quote author=pantherdan link=topic=86403.msg1652303#msg1652303 date=1187529217]
okay, so i'm running completely stock (except the drop in k&n filter). what approach should i take when i go to the dealer and talk to the service guys?
i dont want to step on anyones toes, but i cant stand the incredible 'take off from standstill' lag that i have. i also cant stand the 'what gear should i go to' lag when i try to take off when the red light changes to green when i am at 1 mph approaching the red light. i know automotive technicians do not want to listen to the consumers (even though i have worked on various machines for 20+ years) when we come in and make educated suggestions as to how to fix what is wrong with their cars. any ideas how i can make them suggest to me that i need a reflash?
[/quote]

Just tell 'em what it's doing, just like in your post. (You may want to leave the liquor out this time though). :)

Tell them what it's doing, and that you are aware of a Techinal Service Bulletin that mentions 'something about a reflash' that covers this problem, and what ever else they feel would correct the problem. As long as they feel they know more about it than you do, you should be ok. That's how I handled it when I got mine re-flashed. Just don't be a "Mr.-Know-It-All" and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok I have the I4 and ive been reading that lots of people are getting their cars reflashed at the dealer. I have an 06 and was wondering if I should get mine done too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
[quote author=RLRacing link=topic=86403.msg1769138#msg1769138 date=1191957617]
Ok I have the I4 and ive been reading that lots of people are getting their cars reflashed at the dealer. I have an 06 and was wondering if I should get mine done too.
[/quote]

I got the PCM and TCM reflashed on my 06 I4 auto and it definitely made a difference.

Late

·
Registered
57 Posts
I looked in the TSB section on this site and realized my car had the delayed shift from 1st to second. When they did the reflash under warranty it improved the response of the accelerator pedal as well.

Late

1 - 14 of 14 Posts