FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I traded in my 06 SEL today on an 08 SEL with nav and all the bells and whistles. My question is the nav system has a phone button on it, how do I make it work?? Does anyone know how to make it work??

G

·
I'm pretty sure that pic of the phone button represents "mute". To mute the music or voice nav while driving to answer the phone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does not mute, but it does however say in the owners manual to ask my dealer, and so I did today and they said it is to sync with your bluetooth phone, but I press the button and it does nothing. Hmmm??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluetooth phone: Check

I also ordered a 3D Carbon kit today and some Eibachs, should look good, it is the new white suede color.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The PHONE button only works if you bought the SYNC option. This is how you would begin to sync the phone to the head unit if you had SYNC option.

1. Press PHONE on the navigation bezel.
2. The screen will read NO PHONE
CONNECTED. Press SETTINGS to
go to the SETTINGS tab.
3. Press ADD.
4. If Bluetooth is on, SYNC will
begin the pairing process between
your Bluetooth enabled phone or
device and SYNC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Starting in 08 ford is coming out with this microsoft sync stuff... it's alot of stuff dealing with bluetooth and like using those little hard drive thingys to plug in and play music. I don't really know all the ins and outs yet cause I have yet to take the ford course on it lol lazy me !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same question with the PHONE button too.

I guess I will need to bring my car to dealership and ask for SYNC?
Is this how it works?

·
Registered
331 Posts
ctchang1 what does it say when you push the Phone button? Cause the SYNC option is an option not an add-on. If your car has SYNC they would have given you an owners manual just for the SYNC option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts