FordFusionClub.com banner

Just got a Ford Fiesta.....

21K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  Mercury_66Comet_07Milan 
#1 ·
...... a 1978 Ford Fiesta!!! :pokey:

We pulled it from inside a barn where the goats used it as a mattress. haha :lol:

It's a 1.6L four cylinder with a 4 speed.

Get this, it cranked right up. The last inspection sticker says 1986.

My brother and I are going to get it road worthy, repair the rust, give it a paint job..and sell it for 100% profit since we got it for FREE...or maybe drive it around since gas is $3.50 a gallon!!

See less See more
#55 ·
Reminds me of the '80 Fiesta I had many years ago. Fun little car!

I'm all for the RWD conversion, like this one.

I've seen a Focus at an autocross here with the Cobra 4.6L DOHC motor and RWD. Also others on-line -- seems to be a popular conversion.

Of course, if you really want to run with the big dogs, you need to do a Shogun which was a Ford Festiva with a 3.0L SHO engine mounted mid-ships with RWD.
Jay Leno has one . . . with NOS :rb:

Jay Leno's Fantastic Ford Festiva

#59 ·
[quote author=autoxr1 link=topic=187231.msg3978075#msg3978075 date=1301444573]

Of course, if you really want to run with the big dogs, you need to do a Shogun which was a Ford Festiva with a 3.0L SHO engine mounted mid-ships with RWD.
Jay Leno has one . . . with NOS :rb:

Jay Leno's Fantastic Ford Festiva
[/quote]

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

#60 ·
I should donate a 2L 1997 contour Sport (runs fine) and have you strip off all the parts you can and get that car up and running with a 2L DOHC and AW disc brakes. It's got the trans that needs a little work but if you got it all up and going with the motor and trans using the wiring harness off the contour and brake parts that car would get it. that little 2L pulls that car around quick. it would definitely get the 86 going much quicker. another thing you could do with that purposed setup would be get the Jackson Racing Contour 2L supercharger kit that they have and boost that motor to around 230hp (approx.) That little thing would be a rocket ship!

#61 ·
[quote author=themason link=topic=187231.msg3980422#msg3980422 date=1301610185]
.... it would definitely get the 86 going much quicker.....
[/quote]

86 ???

I assume you mean the 78 Ford Fiesta.

Anyway, long delay here. Got the drums back on. Got the wheel cylinders on. Front discs work good but... air is being reintroduced into the lines somewhere. The pedal was firm then got spongy after like 10 presses. I can only assume the master cylinder as it's pretty cheap looking and the cap is bleh...

#62 ·
Ok so long delay here. We got the brakes going. but there is a slooooooow leak that lets air back in.

BUT........

a guy drove by last week and stopped in, said he wanted to buy the Fiesta. He made it worth while at 250 bucks meaning 150% profit for us. So we let it go. I told him all the new parts on it and he wanted it for parts to repair his... he wanted the tranny.

so i'll close this thread with a great phrase..

and remember... don't crush'em.... restore'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.