FordFusionClub.com banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
13,519 Posts
Oh and just a tip from what I have learned on brake discs. When you take it apart to do the springs, take out the locking adjuster thingy (that toothed gear that you have to set every time you take disc brakes apart) and paint it lightly with some anti corrosion paint. We didn't do that once then come to find it seized in place the next year after it burned the crap outta the pads and drum :/

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, considering that we have like 13 projects at one time (66 Mercury Comet, 71 Javelin AMX, 78 Ford Fiesta, 75 Plymouth Scamp, 77 Trans Am, my Milan (ongoing), repairing rust spots on my Lumina (winter car), my bro's 87 Trooper (lift, paint), bro's 91 ASC McLaren Pontiac GP (paint&bodywork), trying to figure out why my fiance Escape dies all the time with no CEL....and other random people who stop in for whatever)...its going to be slow, be prepared to wait...we're just trying to get it road worthy right now. Right now, great state of NC is trying to track down last registered owner, b/c where we got it from...they never registered it and plus it was sitting in the barn when they bought the house. so who knows where the last guy is...

and I can only help on the weekends!!!!!!

EDIT: after you posted.... it's drum brakes...not disc. we have a bucket of anti-sieze grease

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
only the AMX and Trans Am aren't ours haha... promise it ain't a ******* junkyard.

We have sold some off... we no longer have the 64 International Harvester 1100 that was my great-grandad's. guy across the street is restoring it.. only has 54,000 miles. 266 V8 3 spd on the tree, 4.11 rear-end. it'll pull a tree stump.

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
hey man, that thing was in good shape except for the broken tail light and the bed was rusted through. we had already redone the gas tank, radiator, got it running, bought all new glass, new bumpers...like you said too many projects. guy across the street said his grandad had one and he wanted to buy it. so we sold it but we have first dibs if he wants to sell it...

for reference on what it looked like...ours was white.

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
[quote author=Trainass link=topic=187231.msg3971711#msg3971711 date=1300895032]
Ooo a '71 AMC Javelin. What colour?

My dad had one. He regrets selling it to this day! Restoring it to sell? :wink: :wink:
[/quote]

customer car... was red. going to be black.

[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=187231.msg3971713#msg3971713 date=1300895172]
I know exactly what the Harvester looks like, my uncle has one with a tree growing through the engine bay in his back yard :lol: I can't wait till the tree starts to contact the metal and fuse with it. :lol:
[/quote]

that's a shame :(

· Registered
364 Posts
Reminds me of the '80 Fiesta I had many years ago. Fun little car!

I'm all for the RWD conversion, like this one.

I've seen a Focus at an autocross here with the Cobra 4.6L DOHC motor and RWD. Also others on-line -- seems to be a popular conversion.

Of course, if you really want to run with the big dogs, you need to do a Shogun which was a Ford Festiva with a 3.0L SHO engine mounted mid-ships with RWD.
Jay Leno has one . . . with NOS :rb:

Jay Leno's Fantastic Ford Festiva

· Registered
1,571 Posts
[quote author=autoxr1 link=topic=187231.msg3978075#msg3978075 date=1301444573]

Of course, if you really want to run with the big dogs, you need to do a Shogun which was a Ford Festiva with a 3.0L SHO engine mounted mid-ships with RWD.
Jay Leno has one . . . with NOS :rb:

Jay Leno's Fantastic Ford Festiva
[/quote]

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

· Registered
819 Posts
I should donate a 2L 1997 contour Sport (runs fine) and have you strip off all the parts you can and get that car up and running with a 2L DOHC and AW disc brakes. It's got the trans that needs a little work but if you got it all up and going with the motor and trans using the wiring harness off the contour and brake parts that car would get it. that little 2L pulls that car around quick. it would definitely get the 86 going much quicker. another thing you could do with that purposed setup would be get the Jackson Racing Contour 2L supercharger kit that they have and boost that motor to around 230hp (approx.) That little thing would be a rocket ship!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.