FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Geist, and I just bought my 06 black Fusion SE V6 two weeks ago with only 10K miles! My wife and I love this car so much, it is an incredible vehicle! I have very big plans for it, and I've started already as you will see in the pics!

So far I've tinted it 16% rear and 20% on all sides, blacked out my emblems, debadged the rear, added some beefier exhaust finishers, and modified my headlamps and tail lamps! I know this look isn't for everyone, but I hope you like it!

Here are my plans for my beautiful new car!

Stage 1:
blackout sidemarkers
Eibach Prokit
18 x 8.5" hyperblack rims with polished lip
6000K apexcone HID kit

Stage 2:
real carbon fiber interior dash kit
Street Scene front lip and side skirts/ 3D carbon rear lip
Street Scene lip spoiler
Street Scene roof spoiler

Stage 3:
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Short ram air intake
Headers and other performance mods to come...

Props to FusionFury32, this headlight mod was his idea and is genious. (Perhaps imitation is the greatest form of flattery!) I loved the look so much that I had to do it to mine, and I took it a step further and modified my tail lamps in a similar way! I hope you guys and gals like it.

Please let me know what you think! I like this community and I'm looking forward to calling this place home!
-Geist

·
Registered
840 Posts
personally it makes the tail lights look smaller and wimpy :/ if anything i would just tint the rear lights, or paint the outer edging of the lights black.

also, blacking out the emblem in the front just makes the car look silly. it just look likes something was there before, but someone took a black marker over it to hide it.

i'd see if you can find a replacement grill, and customize one that has the same look as stock, but without the ford emblem.

the headlights covered make the car look really thin in the front, and make it almost seem like a buick regal.

it is "your" car though, and its all your style. im just throwing out my input.

grats on the car though, and enjoy moding it man ;D :cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
congrats to you too,,we love ower fusion also.....have fun with it man do what you want i dont personally care for the black out ford emblems cause if a ford guy and love to repesent when i can.... The lights it is different you probally will be one of a kind with that......put pics up when you get it all done though and welcome to forums

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, everybody.  I appreciate the feedback you've given, and I'd like to address a few of the comments:

[quote author=benit0 link=topic=87510.msg1675885#msg1675885 date=1188352369]
personally it makes the tail lights look smaller and wimpy :/ if anything i would just tint the rear lights, or paint the outer edging of the lights black.

also, blacking out the emblem in the front just makes the car look silly. it just look likes something was there before, but someone took a black marker over it to hide it.

i'd see if you can find a replacement grill, and customize one that has the same look as stock, but without the ford emblem.

the headlights covered make the car look really thin in the front, and make it almost seem like a buick regal.

it is "your" car though, and its all your style. im just throwing out my input.

grats on the car though, and enjoy moding it man ;D  :cheers:

[/quote]

Wow benito, a bit harsh, but I guess I like your honesty...  I tinted the rear lights for about a week and I didn't like the look of it.  Also alot of people have already done that and I wanted to do something unique.  The inspiration for the headlights and tail lights for me came from the MKIV Jetta.  If anything, I think it looks more European than like a Regal...  :? 

I've never liked the ford emblem very much, I wanted to get rid of the blue and match the tint.  I love the way it came out, and I've gotten alot of compliments on it.  I don't plan on leaving the grill the way it is, but I also don't like what's on the market right now.  I'll be customizing the grill in the near future but you'll just have to wait and see what I have planned...  thanks for the welcome though!

[quote author=fathead62269 link=topic=87510.msg1675911#msg1675911 date=1188353250]
congrats to you too,,we love ower fusion also.....have fun with it man do what you want i dont personally care for the black out ford emblems cause if a ford guy and love to repesent when i can.... The lights it is different you probally will be one of a kind with that......put pics up when you get it all done though and welcome to forums
[/quote]

Yeah, being different was my goal, I think I've succeeded so far.  There's no Fusion in town like mine!  Thanks for the welcome, I'll be posting pics as soon as I make some more progress!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts