FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem was that sellers were complaining that some people's good-intentioned questions and comments only served to disrupt their sale.  So, there are new rules in place regarding random people posting competiing prices, or their opinions about why the part they're selling is sorry and weak. 

Basically, we only want random people to make comments that serve to clear up specific questions regarding the sale, or to clarify pricing as compared to what is available from sponsors.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=48815.0

Oh, and I guess the stuff only affects posts going forward, so stuff already made in the buy/sell section isn't going to change...

·
Registered
22,485 Posts
the Capo has put a seal of approval on that ammendment...

one eyed willie..

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
OH NOES, not one-eyed willie    :shock:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Bah, I think its good to let others know someone is trying to rip them off. Selling a $400 to someone for $900 is just as much a scam as not selling them anything if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=48820.msg765194#msg765194 date=1150147367]
Bah, I think its good to let others know someone is trying to rip them off.
[/quote]

well, u coulda posted in that thread in the admin/mod section before I uploaded the changes ;)

I dunno, that stuff with the guy's computer being overpriced is one thing, but then we've had similar problems with someone selling something at msrp or charging a lot for stock wheels. I think it's kind of iffy... but I think most people will do pricing research before they offer up money... I hope.

·
Registered
22,485 Posts
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=48820.msg765194#msg765194 date=1150147367]
Bah, I think its good to let others know someone is trying to rip them off. Selling a $400 to someone for $900 is just as much a scam as not selling them anything if you ask me.
[/quote]

exactly...letting someone get ripped off is like ya friends sitting back and watch u get ya ass whooped , cause there to scared...then they end up getting there ass whoop by u for them not doing anything...

members dont let members get ripped off..

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shit, I didn't realize quicksliver was selling an injen intake.... i wonder if people will think the rules came about because of his sale. I just picked injen out of nowhere when I put the post together. ughh....

Anyway, the problem with the motive of protecting people from getting ripped off only occurs once things get subjective. Like, someone thought a guy selling a motor mount for what it costs retail got flamed because people felt it didn't demonstrate significant savings. On the other hand, shitbricks like skoot who sell "LED brake lights" but post a picture of the regular brake lights should evoke a concerned reply.

I would hope that someone buying a motor mount would compare prices before offering up money to a guy in a buy/sell thread on m3f. But, if someone is blatantly attmepting to scam someone, I would still hope that a m3f member posts to request clarification on what type of brake lights are being sold.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
I think there's a difference when someone points out that something isn't exactly the "going price" versus "here's this once in a life time ebay auction that sold for 50% of the actual value because nobody else happened to bid that day".

We actually had that instance where buddy was trying to sell his 2 year old used Dell X50 for the same price as a new one, plus shipping versus free shipping on the new one.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
^^ Agreed if its like $5 off an item here or there either way, its no big deal, but as I said if someone is trying to sell $400 worth of crap for $900 someone should be able to say somehting about it. If an only if the $400 price is the everyday normal price, not prices found on ebay used equipment and shady fly by night company pricing.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But, you can see how sellers don't like it when people just go into their thread and send it in a new direction with talk about competing products.  (quicksilver didn't voice a concern in his case, but others in similar situations as him have had problems before)

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=47199.0;topicseen

The guy is selling an Injen intake... I don't think talking about Fujita, AEM, or Acme-brand does much good when he's just trying to find a buyer for an injen.  I think someone looking at an Injen intake would have already done their own research to decide on an Injen.  

So, the sellers blame the other posters for their inability to find a buyer... even if it may not be the case... but I don't think there's an effective way to tell :(

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=48820.msg765220#msg765220 date=1150148084]
^^ Agreed if its like $5 off an item here or there either way, its no big deal, but as I said if someone is trying to sell $400 worth of crap for $900 someone should be able to say somehting about it.

[/quote]

Well, if you can come up with the language to convey an objective benchmark of what is fraud versus inadvertant high prices... I'll add it in. I know we don't want scamming going on here as well, I just didn't know how to work it in without getting bitch-slapped via PM about it over and over and over.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
^^^ yeah, nothing should be said just to outright brandish a sale unless there is good reason like its a scam price.

Yeah, um I dont know how to word that about inadvertant and blatant scams...I guess if someone feels that it is a scam they should report it to us first so we can make a good judgement as to wether or not its a scam or just someone trying to build a little profit in.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Maybe we should also add in that items that are priced unusually low should raise an eyebrow and questions should be asked before payments are sent!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts