FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between jobs 1-3 fusions? How do you know for sure what job # you have?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I don't have any internal documents to confirm this but following the changes closely on my own here is what I have seen..someone will jump in and correct if wrong.

If you DO NOT have a flat-folding front passenger seat and aux. jack in center console you probably have a Job 1 car.
If you do have these you more than likely have a Job 2 car
I believe all Job 3 cars have the factory spoiler already installed thereby removing the third brake light from the rear deck

Again, the actual build date will dictate your car but this is a good quick reference guideline. Hope this helps

·
Registered
619 Posts
Each "job" has hundreds of changes, most of them you'll never know about or see. Say for example Ford finds a squeek between a couple of plastic parts in the interior. They'll put a piece of foam between them at job 1, then at job 2 a new mold will be ready and the foam will be removed and the new plastic part brought in. Job 2 also often adds a bunch of features that just couldn't make it in time for Job1 , like the stuff fusedup mentions. AWD was also not available until Job2.

Sometimes changes are good, like fixing common problems, but sometimes they are bad, like deleting minor things like sound insulation or using cheaper materials.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Also I think somewhere between JOB1 and JOB2 the antenna was removed from the rear glass and mounted roof-top. Once Surius radio was offered I believe they went to this style antenna which incorporates both regular radio/Surius antenna in the same housing.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=84316.msg1586596#msg1586596 date=1185411865]
What's the difference between jobs 1-3 fusions? How do you know for sure what job # you have?
[/quote]

Edit - Edit - Edit

Hi everyone. :wavey: For anyone who read this post before I edited it: I made the mistake of taking my sister-in-laws word :bash: (like I shouldn't have known better) for what the "Message Center" displayed in the "Diagnostic Mode" on their new JOB 3, 2007 Milan.

I had a chance to see it myself tonight. There is no "Oil Life Remaining" message. It was just the regular "Oil Pressure OK" diagnostic message. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Good luck all! :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts