FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have noticed that you can get jet chips now for the fusion as posted in the sticky. For the best price buy from www.autoanything.com It's about $100 cheaper then directly through jet. I called jet and there are two things you should know. One it doesn't raise the top speed limiter and two it isn't available for the 2006 fusion 2.3l yet. I didn't check the v6.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these units? What would the difference be 2006 to 2007? Same engine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i don't know what the difference could be other then maybe different computer codes like one of the guys here experienced when he had his computer reflashed my ford it changed the code and for his excal had to get it reprogrammed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Jet chips may not perform well. I've seen dyno runs on GM's 3800 series II engines with and without JET chips where there was little to no difference in HP or torque gains.

Some reviews:

"My truck and this chip must already have the same program. I experienced no gain in horsepower nor economy."

"installed jet performance chip couldnt tell any diference in performance and mpg whent from 18mpg to 12mpg. driving the same as i always do....if you ask me its a waste of money"

"Jet chip helped on mid range nothing on top end and fuel milage"

"Unfortunately, my on board computer is showing that I am getting worse gas mileage than prior to installing the module. This is disconcerting to say the least. The on board system shows me getting 15.6 mpg. Previously, I was getting 16.9 mpg."

Stick to the better ones like Superchips, SCT, and Diablo tuning. Steer away from Jet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts