FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, havent been on for like a a good 6 months, decided to come back. Just wanted to let you all know i stumbled upon an IROC-Z in May which i bought for $1700. 5 speed manual, 305 (5.0L) , in primer gray right now, going to be blue, (pretty much exactly same to the blue on 2012 fusions). DynoMax catback, Posi, power mirrors, and a couple of other things. Just replaced thermostat, coolant temp sensor, battery, spark plugs, oil, coolant, and fuses. She runs nice. She burns oil sometimes, and i need to shift into first before i shift into reverse because reverse may sometimes grind. Just bought a headlight. I'll keep you all informed :grin:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I thought all IROC's came with the 350? Either way, looks like a fun project car.

I love my '96 Z28. Old, unrefined pony cars entertain me for some reason.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought all IROC's came with the 350? Either way, looks like a fun project car.

I love my '96 Z28. Old, unrefined pony cars entertain me for some reason.
Nope they also came in 305's. 305 was the only way you could get the manual transmission. 350's behind the 5 speed would blow them up if you beat on them, reason why 350s only came in auto, and then they made the manual T56 for the 4th gen 350's :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sweet! A classic from the year I graduated high school. God luck with it, and enjoy!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Nope they also came in 305's. 305 was the only way you could get the manual transmission. 350's behind the 5 speed would blow them up if you beat on them, reason why 350s only came in auto, and then they made the manual T56 for the 4th gen 350's :p
Gotcha! Sounds familiar as I knew they didn't make the 350 with a MT, but didn't connect the dots :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts