FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick and tired of people doing half assed work.

I few months ago my wife was rear ended by a Yukon (surprisingly, their was very minimal visable damage) and everything was supposed to be fixed. Well I was underneath the car yestarday evening and I noticed that the passenger side rear frame rail has a kink in it. The bumper bracket spot welds are busted too. Inside the trunk right above the frame rail it caves in about an inch or so. You have to pull up the carpet to see this. From dealing with a local dealership in the past, I have a feeling that this car should have been totaled. I've never heard of anyone replacing the frame rail and I'm not really ok with someone trying to stretch it. The rail isn't bent above the wheel though. It is bent behind the wheel, so the car rides ok. If it were ever rear ended again, it would cave it so much easier and probably be pretty bad off. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'll try to get some pictures. My wife is dealing with the insurance and lawyer thing so I'll keep you guys up to date.

G

·
FIGHT THAT SHIT.

I feel ya man. Lazy ass people out their who just live paycheck to paycheck happy with were they are at in life and could care less for your car.

:bigok:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What really sucks is that we just settled the case and about a month after getting our check, I find this.

You can't take a guys word for nothing anymore.

It was a Ford dealership that fixed it too.

Never shop at Parsons Ford Licoln Mercury in Martinsburg WV. They don't care about the customer at all. Once you give them your money they could care less if you died when you left the lot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just got off the phone with the adjuster and he seems nice about everything. He says that there is no problem fixing what it wrong as long as it is aparent that it was from the accident and not another one. He is however pissed about the other body shop since they didn't bring up this information to him. I'm ready to blow up on these people.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just met with the guy and they are more than willing to pay for all cost and get me a rental for the days the car is down. They said that it is very fixable but its more than what the adjuster thought he was going to see. He says that he is going to give the other Ford dealership a call and tell them about this problem. Hopefully all turns out well.

On a side note: Out of all the Fusion that were on that lot, the body shop manager said "man thats a nice looking car" :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts