FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still on the mp3 thing here.  I'm trying to make it so all the information shows in my fusion when using mp3 disks.  When I push the scan/text button it will show the title/artist info for some songs, but it won't for others.  I know all of my songs have the proper ID3 tags, but it wont show for some still.

Does the stock stereo take the song/artist/album information from the filename?  (i.e. ******.mp3)  This will suck if I cant get it working. By the way, i'm using the Data CD or DVD setting to burn, not the mp3 cd option.

Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am not sure about this. I do know that when I burned a cd in the Data Mode, it would not play in other cd players. I had to use the Music Mode. I have not tried a Data Disc in the car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I use iTunes as well, and I can't get the info to show up in the car either. If you really want it to show, use realplayer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=48868.msg774982#msg774982 date=1150667769]
I use iTunes as well, and I can't get the info to show up in the car either. If you really want it to show, use realplayer. 
[/quote]
what format are you saving your MP3's as, when using iTunes?

·
Registered
206 Posts
when I got this computer it came with Musicmatch.  that's what I've used to burn my CD'S, no info will show with it either, but then I was using WINMX to down load tunes when it was a free service.  from what I've been told you don't want to use a data CD for music cause it won't play anywhere other then in the computer.  I've been using music CD's I buy at Office Depot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=48868.msg775053#msg775053 date=1150672691]
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=48868.msg774982#msg774982 date=1150667769]
[/quote]
what format are you saving your MP3's as, when using iTunes? 
[/quote]

MP3 encoder High quality (160 kbps)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally, I thought it was a problem with iTunes (which it may be), but I fixed the problem by using an ID3 tag editor to sync up all of my songs. The one I used was Zortam tag editor (I got it from a friend). I think the option was to "sync ID3v1 with ID3v2 tags", because when iTunes burns an MP3 cd, it only looks at the ID3v1 tag or something, and the radio reads it different...I dont know how the hell it works, but it did the trick for me. Now when I put it on MP3 CD or Data CD, it will show my song titles/artist info. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
17 Posts
In I tunes you can just convert the ID3 tags to an older v.1(advaced tab and convert id3 tags.) then burn the mp3s directly to a cd as a mp3 cd and all the songs will play and the text will work. I have no problems with any of it. They whole folder changing thing i do not mess with. I just suffle around.
HOpe this helps. The newer id3 tags didnot work in my player.

·
Registered
288 Posts
COOL ! :D

Thanks to all that have provided information on how to use iTunes to burn mp3's so they'll play in the Fusion.

This is what I've been able to confirm:
OPEN iTUNES....
Before you start got to the EDIT pull down menu, and choose PREFERENCES at the bottom.  A sub menu will show up, choose ADVANCED. click on the IMPORTING tab and Choose IMPORT USING: MP3 ENCODER  set it at High Quality 160kbps.  Now click on BURNING tab choose Disc Format: MP3 CD. 
Note: this will create MP3's (mpeg4) files when burning CD's, which is what you want for the Fusion.
Note: MP3's take up a bit more space than the AAC format but as mentioned above the AAC format is incompatible with the FORD MP3 player.
Note: any songs purchased from iTunes, are protected AAC format and will not allow the user to switch the format, thus will not work on the MP3 player, but one could always burn those songs as a regular music CD... but you lose the ability to put multitude of songs on the CD.

any music in your iTunes library must be converted to mp3 (or mpeg) format... they will not recognize the AAC format.
this is easily done thru the iTunes: hilite a selection of songs right click and choose Convert selection to MP3

throw a CD-R into your drive,  (I've been lucky with any CD-R's that are silver underneath, some blue and blacks have not run on other equipment), now if you want to have the group, album, and song title appear,  before burning the CD again hilite the whole selection and right click CONVERT ID3 TAGS choose a v1.1 click OK.

now looking to the upper right hand corner choose the circular BURN CD button.

there you have it.  You'll have a band's entire compilation on one CD.

I just got finished putting all the Tragically Hip CD's (10) onto one MP3 disk (with tons of space left over).

BUT can anyone tell me how to make use of the FOLDER function while using iTunes. I think it would be neat to create a new folder for each album burned onto the single MP3 CD... (ie. I would have 10 folders to match the 10 Hip albums I burned today on the one CD) this would allow the user to flip quickly from song 21 to song 121).
Once I have that ability I will be one happy camper ! :klavergreg:

ciao for now

I'm going to convert my FOO FIGHTERS over now... cause everyone needs a little Foo you know !

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=48868.msg846174#msg846174 date=1153877146]
COOL ! :D

Note: any songs purchased from iTunes, are protected AAC format and will not allow the user to switch the format, thus will not work on the MP3 player, but one could always burn those songs as a regular music CD... but you lose the ability to put multitude of songs on the CD.

any music in your iTunes library must be converted to mp3 (or mpeg) format... they will not recognize the AAC format.
this is easily done thru the iTunes: hilite a selection of songs right click and choose Convert selection to MP3

before burning the CD again hilite the whole selection and right click CONVERT ID3 TAGS choose a v1.1 click OK.

I found if you use v1.1, it will not allow FOLDER use.

BUT can anyone tell me how to make use of the FOLDER function while using iTunes.  I think it would be neat to create a new folder for each album burned onto the single MP3 CD... (ie.  I would have 10 folders to match the 10 Hip albums I burned today on the one CD)  this would allow the user to flip quickly from song 21 to song 121). 
Once I have that ability I will be one happy camper !  :klavergreg:

[/quote]

FINALLY GOT THE FOLDER FUNCTION TO WORK...
1) create a playlist using iTUNES
2) looking to the playlist, click on the ALBUM heading (your playlist should now arranged in order according to albums)
3) Hilite the whole selection and choose the ADVANCED pull down menu at the top and select CONVERT ID TAGS, click on the box ID3 TAG VERSION, then look to the adjacent pulldown menu and select ID TAG 2.3
  (anything lower will not allow the FOLDER FUNCTION)
doing this will allow one to place all kinds of albums on one MP3 CD, and still allow the band, album, and song title to appear on the FORD stereo.

Happy burning folks! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=48868.msg779616#msg779616 date=1150922408]
Um, why wouldn't you use the MP3 CD option?
[/quote]
MP3 CD option can hold more songs than a regular CD. A regular CD converts it over to a .wav file, making it a huge file, and can only hold roughly 15 songs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the above directions. However, I am looking to make a folder for an artist, and then have several folders inside that one with the various albums.

Is this possible? I was trying to use Roxio at first, but it would include an autoplay file that looks like it confuses the car stereo. When I put the disc made with Roxio (containing the autoplay file) in the stereo, it halts. However, when I put in the disc made with iTunes, everything seems just fine.

Has anyone used Roxio, and have they been successful in burning MP3 discs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
well it's strange how may systems Ford must make.  my Fusion will show the RBDS info, but nothing on CD'S.  my brother has a Focus with th 6 Dsic player that doesn't show the RBDS.  we both picked up a CD by a guy playing a contrapsion of bells along with other music and when he plays it in his Focus we see the info on the disc, but it doesn't show up in the Fusion.  now I wonder what would happen with an after market unit?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=Donald T link=topic=48868.msg859892#msg859892 date=1154516600]
well it's strange how may systems Ford must make. my Fusion will show the RBDS info, but nothing on CD'S. my brother has a Focus with th 6 Dsic player that doesn't show the RBDS. we both picked up a CD by a guy playing a contrapsion of bells along with other music and when he plays it in his Focus we see the info on the disc, but it doesn't show up in the Fusion. now I wonder what would happen with an after market unit?
[/quote]
As far as I know, the Fusion and Focus has different head units. I think that the Focus still uses the 9006 headunit for it's "premuim" package, wheras the Fusion has the new[er] CD6/MP3.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=kafioso link=topic=48868.msg859487#msg859487 date=1154488150]
Thanks for the above directions. glad you could use them.  However, I am looking to make a folder for an artist, and then have several folders inside that one with the various albums.

Is this possible? Should be... instead of clicking on the ALBUM heading click on the ARTIST heading... I'm just not sure if it will break the songs into FOLDERS on the Fusion. Give it a try and let us know.  I'm kind of curious myself.
Has anyone used Roxio, and have they been successful in burning MP3 discs?
...of  course these instructions are for iTunes, as for Roxio, my version keeps asking me to pay for an upgrade to be able to burn MP3's --- uh, no thanks
[/quote]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts