FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent all weekend detailing the Fusion. I took some pics but I don't have them downloaded yet. It was gleaming. It felt as if I was looking into a mirror.

My wife calls me today and tells me that she drove into a big dust cloud. :evil:

I guess I'll be babying it again tonite.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Keeping a black car looking good is almost a full-time job. That's one of the reasons why we picked Oxford white.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=BlackI4se link=topic=80128.msg1478232#msg1478232 date=1181590222]
I spent all weekend detailing the Fusion. I took some pics but I don't have them downloaded yet. It was gleaming. It felt as if I was looking into a mirror.

My wife calls me today and tells me that she drove into a big dust cloud. :evil:

I guess I'll be babying it again tonite.
[/quote]

Hi BlackI4se. :wavey: Yes black sure is hard to keep clean, but looks so good when it is!

Do you have a "California Car Duster"? I can highly recommend it. I have one in the trunk of both of my cars. It looks sort of like a red dust mop, with a wooden handle about two feet long. It is treated with a paraffin wax, and it works great at removing dust, pollen, etc. (it is not for heavy duty, caked on mud or dirt).

This time of the year, I will dust the car once in the morning, and once at night, before the dew dampens the car (yes, yes, I have to admit, sometimes once or twice during the day also). :whistle: In this way, the dust and pollen is removed and water spots are minimized when the dew or rain dries in the morning.

It takes about 2-3 minutes to dust the car. Works great for those times when you have just washed and waxed the car, and the wife manages to drive through a giant dust cloud!

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of meguiars stuff to do some detailing it should be here this week so I'll be detailing as well (leather treatment, windows, plastics, wheels, headlights etc) and of course I'll be washing it

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/quote]

Hi BlackI4se. :wavey: Yes black sure is hard to keep clean, but looks so good when it is!

Do you have a "California Car Duster"? I can highly recommend it. I have one in the trunk of both of my cars. It looks sort of like a red dust mop, with a wooden handle about two feet long. It is treated with a paraffin wax, and it works great at removing dust, pollen, etc. (it is not for heavy duty, caked on mud or dirt).

This time of the year, I will dust the car once in the morning, and once at night, before the dew dampens the car (yes, yes, I have to admit, sometimes once or twice during the day also). :whistle: In this way, the dust and pollen is removed and water spots are minimized when the dew or rain dries in the morning.

It takes about 2-3 minutes to dust the car. Works great for those times when you have just washed and waxed the car, and the wife manages to drive through a giant dust cloud!

Good luck! :cheers:

[/quote]

Yes I have one. Thankfully last night after she was driving most of the dust had blown off. So when I got home it was gleaming again after I dusted it off. It has a few water spots on it though. Kind of like when she got in it in the morning and used the windshield wipers to get the dew off and it ran down the side. But its still pretty in black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts