1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
910 Posts
Most likely junk. I wouldn't trust them, not without a storefront and reputation.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Complete ripoff. Not only will it not make more power, it will likely make LESS power. That's basically a hairdryer connected to the intake plumbing. It simply doesn't have the power required to create boost.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well i don't know what it does but I do know that when I was in highschool someone put it on his chysler van and blew it up, but he treaded that thing like crap.

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=72606.msg1283227#msg1283227 date=1174541424]
Well i don't know what it does but I do know that when I was in highschool someone put it on his chysler van and blew it up, but he treaded that thing like crap.
[/quote]

:dur: :sarc:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wrote a Q to the seller and he said he make those for the Fusion, but the buyer would have to drill an opening for the MAF to go. And he notices the the check engine light comes on, but putting the MAF as close to the bend as possible would solve the problem. :thinking: :crazy: Yeah, like you all said, a bunch of BS. I wouldn't put that shit on my daughter's tricycle. :lol: I hope no one falls for that crap.

·
Registered
476 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=72606.msg1283510#msg1283510 date=1174569279]
I hope no one falls for that crap.
[/quote]

Unfortunatly the world is full of stupid people. This guy has probably made thousands of dollars selling thsi crap on ebay

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=jaydez link=topic=72606.msg1283606#msg1283606 date=1174572095]
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=72606.msg1283510#msg1283510 date=1174569279]
I hope no one falls for that crap.
[/quote]

Unfortunatly the world is full of stupid people. This guy has probably made thousands of dollars selling thsi crap on ebay
[/quote]

I must agree 100%!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You actually CAN improve a torque curve by taking an electric component and forcing more air into the intake. There's absolutely no doubt about that. I watched a video where someone did this to a POS Chevy van, and it really did work. Problem is - does that translate to REAL gains in HP/boost? Probably not.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the product would be something good to experiment with, but installing that crap would also void your warranty.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
It's junk. Mythbusters actually tested several similar setups and the reported the gains/losses. Most systems reported identical power to what the engine was making stock. The only method they used that actually produced results (about 7.9HP) was hooking up a leaf blower to the MAF and running it full throttle.

Seriously, these things are a joke, just about with every HP mod you see on eBay. It's one of those scenarios where you need to ask yourself if it is too good to be true. If these systems really worked, wouldn't you think they'd be a "hot" item in auto part stores or on auto part websites? They're just a waste of money, but these sellers sure know how to make a profit.

If you want more power, you know generally know what upgrades you need to do...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts