FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think of this sub/amp combo?????
Is it worth the money????
Is there anything better for the price???

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have never had an amp/sub so i don't know what to think of this combo, but it looks pretty good for the price. I don't want to wake up my neighbors with the bass, i just want some pretty good response from the system. I also have installed an aftermarket pioneer deck DEH-P4900iB

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Prod...2&search=rockford+fosgate+enclosed+sub&tp=112

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Prod...l=N&g=120&i=489HA700M&search=mono+amps&tp=115

·
Registered
505 Posts
That sub/box is nice, Rockford Fosgate is a good brand.

That amp is another story. it's cheap and probably won't be as powerful as it claims, but it will work fine. but it's out of stock anyways.
That profile amp is "200w RMS" for $99, as a comparison a Rockford Fosgate mono 150w RMS amp is $249.

there are plenty of options out there. I'm running a single 10" Infiniti sub off a cheap legacy amp. it won't rattle the doors off the car next to me, but its plenty for me. that sub should be more than enough for you.

you should search around other online stores, you can find that stuff cheaper elsewhere. that profile amp sells for about $65 on eBay ;)

good luck :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
dont crap out on the amp, but that one is no good its a no name brand.
unfortunatly your gonna need to spend a little more than you want on something good but it will last you insteading of burning out a few months down the road.

·
Registered
505 Posts
profile isn't a noname brand (they have been making amps and subs for years). they are by no means high-end, but they work.

the amp he is looking at will never put out 200w RMS as it claims to (or 350w RMS @2ohms). you would never win a competition with it but he's not looking to do that anyways.

I've been using my cheap "legacy" amp for years and its held up just fine (to be honest I'm surprised its lasted this long ;))

·
Registered
399 Posts
That amp is a CHEAP amp, no way around it.
200 Watts at 4 ohms isnt much at all.
My suggestion, fork out a little more cash and upgrade to a 12" P3
and get Rockfords, 500 watt 2 channel amp, bridged.

You will be very very pleased!

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Pkoko I was always told, by many audio experts that you should NEVER over power a sub.
Thats a for sure way to greatly shorten the life of your speaker. I always give it what the RMS recommends and have never had a problem. But if I am wrong I would love to know... :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts