FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I'm new to the club and have found quite a bit of information on my Fusion, thankfully, but I do still have a question that I'm hoping you guys can answer. I have a 2018 SE with Lux and Tech package but sadly without fog lights. While reading info here about adding them I decided to go check out if by chance my car has the correct harness for adding fog lights and maybe save me some $$ and the hassle of removing the bumper. When I pulled the bezel out there was a wire behind it clasped onto the body of the car. I do think it is a connector for fog lights but upon further inspection of the plug it dosent look like the connector would fit an oem fog lamp from Ford. Also, I checked the wiring for the grey cable in slot 14 on my headlight switch and the grey wire was there. Is there possibly a piece I'd have to purchase that would go between the plug and the actual fog lamp? I'm not trying to get too excited just yet that there is a possibility that my car is wired for fog lights, so thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has any info before I went hunting down the rabbit holes again. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
Hello All! I'm new to the club and have found quite a bit of information on my Fusion, thankfully, but I do still have a question that I'm hoping you guys can answer. I have a 2018 SE with Lux and Tech package but sadly without fog lights. While reading info here about adding them I decided to go check out if by chance my car has the correct harness for adding fog lights and maybe save me some $$ and the hassle of removing the bumper. When I pulled the bezel out there was a wire behind it clasped onto the body of the car. I do think it is a connector for fog lights but upon further inspection of the plug it dosent look like the connector would fit an oem fog lamp from Ford. Also, I checked the wiring for the grey cable in slot 14 on my headlight switch and the grey wire was there. Is there possibly a piece I'd have to purchase that would go between the plug and the actual fog lamp? I'm not trying to get too excited just yet that there is a possibility that my car is wired for fog lights, so thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has any info before I went hunting down the rabbit holes again. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi Richie and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. I do not know the answer off the top of my head. However, you can look through these Google search results of that part number and see if any will verify what the harness is for: HG9T-15K867-BC - Google Search

Alternately, you can stop by the Parts Department of your local Ford Dealer and ask if that part number is the fog-light harness.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts