FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying an 07 Fusion SE I4. At the very least i want the premium 6 spk. sound system with the 6 disc CD changer. However I was wondering if the extra money for the audiophile system is really worth it? I'm coming from a car that had a sony deck and pioneer aftermarket speakers. Obvious I don't have high expectations for a stock ford audio system, but for the time being I want to leave it stock. Is it worth it to get the audiophile system or just spend the money later on aftermarkets? How is the quality of the 6spk system?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
for like 420 more, I dont think its worth it... the 6 speaker stereo is more then enough and sounds good... dont waste the money, and if you want, spend that 420 on an aftermarket setup...

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would agree with the previous post about spending the money on aftermarket. I have the 6 disc 6 spkr premium and I added an amp/sub for about $500+/-. I later upgraded the door speakers as well. I guess it depends on your personal taste, budget and your expectations. I wasn't very impressed with the factory system, so I upgraded. I'm sure there are others that will keep it completely stock and be more than happy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The 6 disc has the same components except for the 6x9s in the rear, rds, and the preset fade and balance settings. for $400 more, id rather spend the money and some aftermarket stuff.

But then again some people like not having a sub in their trunk and like everything to be completely stock so its really what you like.

G

·
Like the other guys said, its not worth it. I have the premium in my Fusion, sounds really good. If you want some bass, you can just add a small sub in the back for way less then $420 that Ford makes you pay. Or go big and bold and spend a little more and get a SYSTEM, haha.

Anyways, my moms car has the Audiophile, I'm not a big fan of it, doesn't really sound all that great.
I would expect Audiophile to sound like a Bose Sound System.

But nothing compares to a Bose. That little shelf system for your house, that little thing kicks ass!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just rented an FX 35 with Bose and found my audiophile system to be far superior to the Blowse.

Furthermore, ask an owner of a Lexus with Mark Levinson audio if anything compares to Bose... :lol:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't care much for the premium or the audiophile but they work well enough the biggest thing is having a disc changer, ipod and sirius! My dad's lincoln has an alpine system and it sounds much better but all in all I'm not much of an audiophile so long as I can hear the music well enough which the premium does (for 420 less)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
But then again....Ford didn't charge me for a Bose system either. Like most folks said:its all about personal preference. Do what you want to do, its your ride. I'm a old guy--I'll pay the 400 not to have to crawl my fat azz in and out of the trunk... :woohoo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts