FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WITHOUT changing them? I actually like the stock rims on the SEL Fusion and have no desire to change them at all. However, I was looking at the car tonight and I think that the tires could be pushed out a lil bit....maybe 1cm. Does anyone know how in the world I could go about doing this, assuming it's possible?

Oh, and also...if you have an SEL rim used that you wouldn't mind selling me, I wouldn't mind buying it off ya. I scuffed one of mine pretty badly and the dealership wants WAY too much money to replace it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know if there are any such animals as spacers or what not that you can put to make them stick out?

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=86808.msg1657921#msg1657921 date=1187674549]
Anyone know if there are any such animals as spacers or what not that you can put to make them stick out?
[/quote]

Hi thereisnospoon. :wavey: Yes, there are. And no, you really should not use them. Never a good idea to take something that was engineered to fit correctly, and change it so it no longer does.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I am sure others will weigh in soon with their own.

I would recommend you call "The Tire Rack", "Discount Tire", or another major wheel/tire distributor and get their opinion on the subject of spacers.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I guess they're not a good idea, huh? Does it change the dynamic of the entire braking system? I really don't wanna buy wider tires at all, yet I feel that my stockers could be pushed out 1cm or so. I will take it by discount tomorrow to weigh in on their opinion....I know nothing about tires or the dynamic of the whole system - there are by far more things that I know more about!!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Here's a good place to buy some spacers. I had spacers on two of my previous vehicles without ever having any problems, drove with them for over two and a half years. Good luck and post pics when you're done!

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Spacers_s/27.htm

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I am with bbf2530 on this one. Yes, they make them and they will work but it is not recommended. Discount tire will not install or service anything with spacers unless they physically bolted to the hub. However in your case and the amount you are looking to move those types of spacers wont be an option. Good luck, keep us posted on your results.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i had to use a 1/4 wheel spacer on my autocross neon for the back tires. I was running 225/50/15 and they would rub if i did not. I only used them when i raced and then took them right back off when i put the street tires on . I would not personlly run wheel spacers on a street car unless you have longer wheel studs. i know my lug nuts did not thread on as far as i would have liked when running the spacers but had to do it with the set up i had.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wanted to push my wheels out a bit. I didn't want to use spacers so I bought wheels with an offest that pushed them out to where I wanted them. I ended up with wheels that sit 1/4 inch out without the use of spacers. Being that you want to stick with the stock wheels, I concur with the recommendation to use H&R spacers. Lots of guys in the Mustang community use them with no problems. I would be leary of ebay nonames.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out my post under exterior mods. Post: My version Limited Edtion Fusion. I have run adapters a year . Perfect performance. Used 2" w/studs mounted to adapter and has holes to bolt to hub.. Slide over stud adapters I do not use. Pictures of setup car in post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.