FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=40152.msg1127735#msg1127735 date=1167616420]
From what I hear CD338 is done. The traffic was so low was not worth keeping it going.
[/quote]
Is Ford going to discontinue Fusion, or am I missing something?
LMK, TIA.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*sigh*

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=70942.msg1245442#msg1245442 date=1172884737]
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=40152.msg1127735#msg1127735 date=1167616420]
From what I hear CD338 is done. The traffic was so low was not worth keeping it going.
[/quote]
Is Ford going to discontinue Fusion, or am I missing something?
LMK, TIA.
[/quote]

No, No.... The site called www.cd338.com is done..... It was a very slow website that was out there for a bit.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh... my bad...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:werd:
Cuz I'm still hoping to see a SVT Coupe Fusion coming out. *Drool* Like the one from creatingthelie.com

·
Registered
910 Posts
That coupe isn't to bad. Never cared much for coupes though-hate the longer doors and the access to the rear seats etc. but they do need to do a coupe. They also need to and are doing a hybrid. A turbo I4 would be good also. And a bigger V6. Plenty of room to expand the model and its a hit, at least as far as ford sales go, which isn't very. Thats the problem if ford goes away then so does fusion-people tease me constantly that they will go out of business with me owning a fusion. That'd just make me want to hold on to it more!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
And since CD338.com being a low traffic site is mentioned, I should mention that our traffic is quite fine...
There are currently approximately 20,000 Fusion/etc specific posts on this site, and there are a total of nearly half a million posts displayed on FFC (including shared FMVperformance.com network posts).
In January 2007, we had 10,000 unique visitors, creating a total of 1.8 million hits.

So basically guys, we're here to stay :) Stick around, and keep creating links to this site from others - that's the most important thing you can do.

·
Registered
229 Posts
This does seem to be the strongest Fusion forum on the Internet. Keep up the good work!

Too often domestic models don't have any strong forums.

·
Registered
613 Posts
There is no way ford is discontinuing the fusion. Right now its the company's CAMRY and ACCORD Killer, so to speak.
My lowly news site is hitting over to 1300 unique hits a day, not shabby for it being 2 weeks old. The BON Fusionsource site looks to be getting more hits then here, and this place is getting a 10x the amount of activity of the rest of the sites combined. The support is there, and people want more fusion. The fusion fan support is outpacing probe/tempo/contour during their initial startup.

Things are looking good for the community! :exnbpup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want a V8 Fusion Coupe that "CreatingTheLie" has made.... *Drooooool*

·
Registered
57 Posts
You know, Ford could drop the 3.9L 280 HP V8 into the Fusion/Milan/MKZ if they really tried hard enough. Especially since that motor no longer has a home since both the T-Bird and the LS were discontinued. In fact, they should drop it into their 2008 Taurus and Sable (2007 500 & Montego) models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
[quote author=Oshkosh49 link=topic=70942.msg1309233#msg1309233 date=1175616557]
You know, Ford could drop the 3.9L 280 HP V8 into the Fusion/Milan/MKZ if they really tried hard enough. Especially since that motor no longer has a home since both the T-Bird and the LS were discontinued. In fact, they should drop it into their 2008 Taurus and Sable (2007 500 & Montego) models.
[/quote]

If Ford had the current high torque capacity Aisin AW trans back in 1996 when the SHO 3.4L Yamaha V-8 was out...it would have been one bad ass car. But, like the "InTech" 4.6L DOHC Continental, the AX4-whatever (N?, S?) trans couldn't handle any decent torque. With AWD as an option on the CD3xx, a rear drive conversion shouldn't be too difficult. The FR transmission might need more space in the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now that I think about it, Ford could do it from an engineering standpoint. But currently from a corporate financial standpoint, the development costs might be asking too much in regards to the costs/benefits ratio.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure many STA engineers got knocked off in the buy-outs. I no longer get my balls busted about APQP and SC/CC reviews. If you don't know what APQP is, be happy. Its the stupiest shit ever thought up...23 "elements" of BS. Not even the Ford engineers or STAs take it serious.

FMEAs, DVP-Rs, SC/CCs, launch readiness, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Holy 6 year old post Batman!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts