FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here have problems when they hit a bump or small pothole in the road and it sounds like their dash is rattling or something in the door? I took my car to the dealer, they did the TSB on the front seat rail, and also they pulled the panel off the door to see if it was something in there (or at least that was what they told me).

They said they cannot replicate the annoying rattles, so they cannot fix them. I drive my fusion about 2 hrs a day, and I the rattling is driving me insane when I hit small bumps. Since obviously going to the dealer is a waste of time, I turn to anyone here who might have a solution. I was thinking of getting edead deadening material and putting on everything I can think of to stop it. The rattle definately sounds like its comming from the interior.

Appreciate any advice, as always.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
fatabbot you should be fk'd in the as with an old splintery 4x4 and then burned alive while being eaten by 12 agitated and starving pit bulls

wtf was that for

nothing to do with cars or the original post

·
Registered
104 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=88891.msg1709417#msg1709417 date=1189628277]
Does anyone else here have problems when they hit a bump or small pothole in the road and it sounds like their dash is rattling or something in the door? I took my car to the dealer, they did the TSB on the front seat rail, and also they pulled the panel off the door to see if it was something in there (or at least that was what they told me).

They said they cannot replicate the annoying rattles, so they cannot fix them. I drive my fusion about 2 hrs a day, and I the rattling is driving me insane when I hit small bumps. Since obviously going to the dealer is a waste of time, I turn to anyone here who might have a solution. I was thinking of getting edead deadening material and putting on everything I can think of to stop it. The rattle definately sounds like its comming from the interior.

Thanks!
[/quote]

yea i got same problem i had it 3 months ago they fixed it by insulating the driver's side B-pillar now i hear it in the rear passenger side and a lil bit on that same b-pillar again so bringing it in Saturday hopefully everything should be alright afta that.

G

·
lol, i was just mean when i put my clip of being rick roll'd...but yes i second that you should be fk'd in the ass

i couldnt close the damn thing out, lol bastard

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=88891.msg1710949#msg1710949 date=1189662984]

Thanks!
[/quote]

yea i got same problem i had it 3 months ago they fixed it by insulating the driver's side B-pillar now i hear it in the rear passenger side and a lil bit on that same b-pillar again so bringing it in Saturday hopefully everything should be alright afta that.
[/quote]

That is exactly what I am having.. Its a rattle, whenever I hit a bump. What did they insulate the drivers side B-Pillar (is that the one that goes up to the roof from the dashboard?) I hear it in both, and the rear left side right behind the driver when I hit a bump.

Did they cover it under warranty, because my ford dealer told me that they cant do anything because they cant hear it. I was thinking about gutting the whole car and doing all the sound dampening myself.

·
Registered
104 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=88891.msg1711449#msg1711449 date=1189695671]

Thanks!
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is exactly what I am having.. Its a rattle, whenever I hit a bump. What did they insulate the drivers side B-Pillar (is that the one that goes up to the roof from the dashboard?) I hear it in both, and the rear left side right behind the driver when I hit a bump.

Did they cover it under warranty, because my ford dealer told me that they cant do anything because they cant hear it. I was thinking about gutting the whole car and doing all the sound dampening myself.
[/quote]

yea warranty covered it 4 me but its still a real pain in the @ss to go there becasue you have to drive with them and find the crappiest roads so they can hear it and tell them it gets louder sometimes. and B-pillar is the one right in between front and rear door but that noise is back it almost sounds like its at the door too so im gunna tell them that too and in the rear it makes a loud sound too almost like plastic on plastic hitting and ususally happens when i hit a bump on the passenger side it pisses me off alot and just 2day im starting to hear my drivers seat being squeaky and thats another thing im going to address, btw change dealerships.

·
Registered
104 Posts
BTW dont do the whole insulating yourself becasue u could void warranty plus thats why you make your monthly car payments and thats y u have 5 year warranty not to mention if nutting gets done u call Ford up and they should address the dealer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My ford dealer is a joke. I drove around w/ someone in the car, we couldnt find the rattle because there was no bumpy roads. I would rather do everything my self than ever take it back to the dealer, everytime I take it there I find a new ding/dent or chip in the paint that was never there before. They just dont give a crap about your investment enough to take care of it.

I highly doubt that sound-deadening your car will void any type of warranty.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In my car it sounds like the noise comes from the seat belt anchor.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Same problem here. I get a noise thats sounds like a baseball in a wooden box. I thought that it was coming from the back, but I noticed going over a speed bump that it makes the noise as soon as the front tire hits. I also thought of the seatbelt anchor. After I took the trim off I couldn't find anyway to recreate the noise.....sounds like the dealer. My dealer has heard the noise and after 2-3 attemps has said that other Milans make the same noise so it is [email protected]@T :angrypoint:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to deaden the crap out of the car, one section at a time. I will let everyone know where its comming from on my end if I find it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=88891.msg1713164#msg1713164 date=1189738410]
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=88891.msg1711449#msg1711449 date=1189695671]

Thanks!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yea warranty covered it 4 me but its still a real pain in the @ss to go there becasue you have to drive with them and find the crappiest roads so they can hear it and tell them it gets louder sometimes. and B-pillar is the one right in between front and rear door but that noise is back it almost sounds like its at the door too so im gunna tell them that too and in the rear it makes a loud sound too almost like plastic on plastic hitting and ususally happens when i hit a bump on the passenger side it pisses me off alot and just 2day im starting to hear my drivers seat being squeaky and thats another thing im going to address, btw change dealerships.
[/quote]

This is awesome. How did you sneak that period in the second line?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=88891.msg1713173#msg1713173 date=1189738620]
BTW dont do the whole insulating yourself becasue u could void warranty plus thats why you make your monthly car payments and thats y u have 5 year warranty not to mention if nutting gets done u call Ford up and they should address the dealer.
[/quote]

How can it void the warranty? I think you are misinformed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=88891.msg1724274#msg1724274 date=1190221537]
[/quote]

[/quote]
well u have to remove body panels dont u? when they looked at my rattles it was the first thing they asked, "did u remove any door panels cuz i see u have tints?" if anything occurs with ur car and u modified sumthing they will look 4 any excuse to void.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=88891.msg1724372#msg1724372 date=1190223468]
[/quote]

[/quote]
well u have to remove body panels dont u? when they looked at my rattles it was the first thing they asked, "did u remove any door panels cuz i see u have tints?" if anything occurs with ur car and u modified sumthing they will look 4 any excuse to void.
[/quote]

Yes, but they have to prove the rattle was caused by removing the door panels. They can't arbitrarily make that decision.

·
Registered
104 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=88891.msg1725261#msg1725261 date=1190242228]
[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=88891.msg1724372#msg1724372 date=1190223468]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, but they have to prove the rattle was caused by removing the door panels. They can't arbitrarily make that decision.
[/quote]

works both ways u have to prove that the noise isnt occurring because u removed body panels, right.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts