FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some mods I did to the interior of my Milan.

Wheel Skins Leather cover
Pioneer Headunit
Zephyr shift knob
Creative Zen DMP

Attachments

G

·
It's not bad.

Eiching, hopefully you will be at the D&B meet next month, I want to hear what your sound system sounds like now with that new headunit.

Any difference at all?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely better sound, but it is a work in progress. When I added the speakers in the rear deck I did not do the cutouts. It gives me more bass but I want to remove the deck cover to see how it would sound that way as well. The next step will be to run a seperate amp for them and set them up just as subs. The headunit has RCA jacks in the back for them. The one really nice feature is that it has numerous settings to adjuust the sound. I really hope to make the meet too. I just found out that my soon has a baseball game that day. I am not worries about missing the game, but I was going to bring him and his friends. They would have a blast. I may just have to try to find another rider or let him miss his game.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
How do you like the wheel skins cover? I've heard they're pretty durable, but it seems like it'd be difficult to get a clean install around the entire steering wheel, especially where the center meets the outside wheel.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The leather is soft and thick. It did take some time and patience to make sure it was laced on evenly. The only thing I might do differently would be to try and trim/fold in the leather where the spokes are instead of just lacing them across the front. I choose the Wheelskins because they were the closest that I could get for the charcoal (not quite black)interior. I will try to post a picture of the just the wheel tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=75009.msg1376769#msg1376769 date=1177982215]
The leather is soft and thick. It did take some time and patience to make sure it was laced on evenly. The only thing I might do differently would be to try and trim/fold in the leather where the spokes are instead of just lacing them across the front. I choose the Wheelskins because they were the closest that I could get for the charcoal (not quite black)interior. I will try to post a picture of the just the wheel tomorrow.
[/quote]

That would be great... I've been checking out their covers, but it doesn't seem like they have a color that is close enough to the color of my wheel.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I had the wheelskin on my F150 and LOVED it. Gave the wheel a solid, thick feel...doesn't feel cheap like a Silverado. I thought about getting the skin on my Fusion, but I wouldn't know where to start with which interior color would match the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts