FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving home from work this morning my radio and all interior lights (speedometer ECT) shut down while driving. The car was fully functional but without interior lights, halfway down my road they all came back on for about 20 seconds and shut back off. By this time im home, I shut the car off and try to restart it but it wouldn't start back up. It was trying to turn over but wouldn't.
Any info would help!
Thanks

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
While driving home from work this morning my radio and all interior lights (speedometer ECT) shut down while driving. The car was fully functional but without interior lights, halfway down my road they all came back on for about 20 seconds and shut back off. By this time im home, I shut the car off and try to restart it but it wouldn't start back up. It was trying to turn over but wouldn't.
Any info would help!
Thanks
Hi matt and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. The first step would be to have your battery load tested. A proper load test, not an old fashioned battery meter test. They are no longer accurate on modern vehicles.
What model year is your Fusion and how old is the battery?

There are usually coupons for a free battery test on the Ford Owners website and most individual Ford Dealer websites.

Let us know the results of that and we can go from there is necessary.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi matt and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. The first step would be to have your battery load tested. A proper load test, not an old fashioned battery meter test. They are no longer accurate on modern vehicles.
What model year is your Fusion and how old is the battery?

There are usually coupons for a free battery test on the Ford Owners website and most individual Ford Dealer websites.

Let us know the results of that and we can go from there is necessary.

Good luck.
My car is a 2006 ford fusion, the battery was purchased and installed about 7 months ago.

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
My car is a 2006 ford fusion, the battery was purchased and installed about 7 months ago.
Hi matt. Okay. So would your car start today? If not, did you try jump starting it from another car or a battery pack? If ye, what happened?

At this point, the first step I would recommend would still be to have the battery properly load tested. Even new batteries can fail or weaken. Especially nowadays with many owners driving far less often and far less miles than before.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi matt. Okay. So would your car start today? If not, did you try jump starting it from another car or a battery pack? If ye, what happened?

At this point, the first step I would recommend would still be to have the battery properly load tested. Even new batteries can fail or weaken. Especially nowadays with many owners driving far less often and far less miles than before.

Ok, update...
When I checked the next day it started right up, I was able to drive it to work. When I got out and started the car everything seemed fine. As soon as I turned on my headlights the car died all together.

Working on it right now, I jumped the car and still the same. As soon as I turn on the headlights it dies. I hear rapid clicking in my smart junction box under the dash.

Is my junction box bad?
Help please!

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
Ok, update...
When I checked the next day it started right up, I was able to drive it to work. When I got out and started the car everything seemed fine. As soon as I turned on my headlights the car died all together.

Working on it right now, I jumped the car and still the same. As soon as I turn on the headlights it dies. I hear rapid clicking in my smart junction box under the dash.

Is my junction box bad?
Help please!
Hi matt. Yes it is possible. However, electrical issues are not easily diagnosed blindly over the Internet. Especially without any DTC codes.

Hopefully one of our tech members will jump in with more insight into the possible causes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts