FordFusionClub.com banner

How much do you pay a month on Insurance?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and to the Fusion world, so please be gentle with me. Ever since I laid eyes upon the Fusion back in 06, I loved it. The styling and curves are so beautiful, its hard not to fall in love.

I am, god willing and if it all goes smoothly, purchasing an 06 Fusion on Saturday. Ive been looking at price quotes, and they look great w/o comprehensive and collision coverage. But once I add in C & C, it sky rockets to anywhere from 2500 - 4900 every 6 months. Im not exactly sure if my dealer will require this coverage, without it the price ranges are from 1000 - 1900 every 6 months, but I read more than likely they will. Im wondering what you guys average a month on your Fusion. Progressive is currently looking like my best bet, as their rate a month with C & C is 400 flat. Without that coverage Im looking at 169 (Which sounds SO much better).

So please give me an idea of how much Id be looking at, and what companies you guys believe are cheaper. And to be honest, are any of you driving without insurance?. I know a few people who are, and to be truthful, Im considering it myself.

P.S. I am located in New Jersey. Jersey City to be exact.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I live in indianapolis.

$800 per 6 months for Lincoln Zephyr for me clean reccord and 24. Also from progressive.

Milan I4 is $650 per 6 months. For my Mom also clean reccord. Progressive.

Both cars full comprehensive coverage with 250K liability or heigher, I can't remember.

Your rate is probably high b/c you are under 23 and you live NYC metro area. When my Dad (clean record too) in his 30s lived there; just regular (basic) coverage was $2200 per year. That was 15 years ago. Collision and comprehensive probably doubles the premuim.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you get a car loan , used or new, they ( the lending institusion ) will REQUIRE full coverage, unless this is your 2nd or more vehicle, & insured as " pleasure 2nd-ary car ". They know the difference, don't think you're going to pull 1 over on them.
Those rates you posted seem F'ing OUTRAGEOUS !!! I've heard that the Boston area has the highest rates in the country, & all east coast cities are really up there, sure looks like it from what you were quoted. Good luck on that area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those rates sound great, I wish I could get the same. I cant believe Im going to end up paying 375 - 400$/month for insurance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would get the collision/comprehensive deductable around $500-1000 to save you even more money.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I pay $390 per 6 months for my fusion with 250/250. I live in Iowa and we have some of the best rates in the country. I am also an insurance agent and deal mainly with Metlife and i can tell you the state not to move to is Michigan. NJ is also bad but not as bad as MI. The closer you get the Detroit the worse it is. Stay away from there. I talk to UAW-Ford, Ford, and Visteon employees all day long and i do not know how these people can afford insurance. Also a side note do not get an Edge until 08. Right now there is no data on them and the rates are thru the roof.

·
Registered
53 Posts
06 Fusion I4 SE auto...full coverage with State Farm, this vehicle only and 100% clean driving record I pay 240 every 6 months. I have checked Geico and Progressive and they are a little cheaper, but relationships are important and I value our local agent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, reading all these rates I cant help but feel raped. The minimum Ive received it is from AllState. They want to charge me 2250/6. I think my dream of a Fusion is slowly simmering away. :(

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=neuroticfusion link=topic=72504.msg1281147#msg1281147 date=1174486550]
Wow, reading all these rates I cant help but feel raped. The minimum Ive received it is from AllState. They want to charge me 2250/6. I think my dream of a Fusion is slowly simmering away. :(
[/quote]

Rates for NJ sucks. I deal with that everyday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's funny, I am in Texas and my insurance is full coverge and I only pay $70 a month and $420 6 month.  For what you guys pay it was pretty high, and plus I am with State Farm. I have 2007 Fusion too.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=DavidC11 link=topic=72504.msg1590344#msg1590344 date=1185509650]
That's funny, I am in Texas and my insurance is full coverge and I only pay $70 a month and $420 6 month. For what you guys pay it was pretty high, and plus I am with State Farm. I have 2007 Fusion too.
[/quote]

Depending on were you are at in TX the rates are not to bad. Detroit MI is the worst follow that by Newark NJ. Stay away from there and your insurance will normally not be to bad.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
That's funny, I am in Texas and my insurance is full coverge and I only pay $70 a month and $420 6 month. For what you guys pay it was pretty high, and plus I am with State Farm. I have 2007 Fusion too.
[/quote]

Where in Texas? I'm in the DFW area, I pay $39/mo for full coverage through USAA. Of course, I'm 28, married, never had a ticket or at-fault accident and I have two homeowner policies with them too (group discount).

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=72504.msg1591356#msg1591356 date=1185555349]
[/quote]

Where in Texas? I'm in the DFW area, I pay $39/mo for full coverage through USAA. Of course, I'm 28, married, never had a ticket or at-fault accident and I have two homeowner policies with them too (group discount).
[/quote]

Coastal areas are very high. Also Houston is high and a few other places close to the mexico boarder. i am an insurance agent for HEB employees. All depending on were they are out they could get great rates or crappy rates.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Yeah, I own a home in Houston that I currently rent out. Rates aren't too bad, but it's a long way away from flood prone areas or the coast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in Houston Harries county area. Right now I am still wonder is that why is Fusion more cheaper then 98 Mercury Mystique that I have. My 98 cost me $71 and I haven't head any car accident for pass 6 and half years and no ticket either. I was wonder if you guys has the same problem? Don't worry man, I got the group insurance discount too with state farm. :D

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=72504.msg1591690#msg1591690 date=1185561507]
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=72504.msg1591356#msg1591356 date=1185555349]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Coastal areas are very high. Also Houston is high and a few other places close to the mexico boarder. i am an insurance agent for HEB employees. All depending on were they are out they could get great rates or crappy rates.
[/quote]

·
Registered
474 Posts
wow i pay 700 every 6 months full coverage i have my restricted though and im 18 only reason i dont get my license is cause it go from 700/6 to 2000/6 no way ill just drive with my restricted n hope i dont get pulled over lol :jail: untill it eventually happens

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I'm glad that I live in southwest michigan and not Detroit where I go to school lol. I'll try to find my rates tomorrow. I'm on it as well as my mom so I don't have to pay through the roof. After my fender bender, my rates didn't go up, but I lost my good drivers discount so they kind of did lol.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I pay 130 a month thru State Farm. I have a ton of discounts for good grades and filled out this bullshit safety book which I could have done when I was 10. All told, it's not too bad for full coverage on a 2008 car with a 19 year old male with a speeding ticket under his belt ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts