FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What insurance does everyone have and about how much do you pay for it?

The reason i ask is becasue right now I have Nationwide with a "multiple policy discount" becasue I have auto and renters with them. I pay $733 every 6 months for just the auto. The renters is about $80 more for 6 months.

However I checked both GEICO and Progressive.

GEICO came in at $441 for 6 months for more coverage for just the auto
Progressive came in at just under $600 for 6 months for just the auto

does anyone have experience with GEICO? It it worth switching and "saving 15% or more"?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hi jaydez. :wavey: Is it worth it to switch and save $584 a year? Yes!

Geico is a major insurer, so if they can actually honor that insurance estimate, I would switch.

To give you a general idea, I have State Farm. I pay $716 a year ($308 every 6 months) on the MKZ. This includes multi-car and multi-line (Homeowners Insurance) discounts. However, I am also probably a bit (or more than a bit :cry:) older than you.

Again, if I were you, I would switch. Just be sure they have all of the correct info, so that your $441 estimate is honored.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
702 Posts
I pay $2192(182.67 month) a year with AAA. But keep in mind, I have 3 cars, and two primary people on this policy as well as life insurance for me on it. Cars on the policy:

2006 Ford Fusion SE
2007 Nissan Versa S
1996 Chevy Monte Carlo

My wife to be pays $50 a month for her share(she was paying $65 for GEICO basic). I make my brother pay $55 a month for his side(he drives the versa, and while technically not on the policy, he is covered because his name is on the title of the versa). So that leaves me paying the rest at $77.67 a month.

This is not bad at all considering I'm 21, she's 19, and my brother is 18.

Oh and I have renters insurance too at about $12 a month.

EDIT: I have $300k coverage on all the vehicles, and all but the Chevy have comprehensive coverage.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Geico is very good. There used to be a time when only Government employees could use Geico insurance (way before the Gecko and the Caveman) and I had a policy with them for several years. I found them to be very good and quick with claims. Then I switched to USAA and I've been with them ever since.

With USAA I pay 412. every six months and 110 a year for renters.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My family shares a policy through a local insurance agency since we have a business. We pay about what mechanic boy pays 2000-2400 a year, it jumped significantly when I started driving and got my fusion which is still a great car for safety and insurance. We have full/complete coverage so if (god forbid!) my fusion ends up like some of the trashed/totaled ones shown here it'll get fixed/replaced

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=77897.msg1421872#msg1421872 date=1179524689]
I pay $2192(182.67 month) a year with AAA. But keep in mind, I have 3 cars, and two primary people on this policy as well as life insurance for me on it. Cars on the policy:

2006 Ford Fusion SE
2007 Nissan Versa S
1996 Chevy Monte Carlo

My wife to be pays $50 a month for her share(she was paying $65 for GEICO basic). I make my brother pay $55 a month for his side(he drives the versa, and while technically not on the policy, he is covered because his name is on the title of the versa). So that leaves me paying the rest at $77.67 a month.

This is not bad at all considering I'm 21, she's 19, and my brother is 18.

Oh and I have renters insurance too at about $12 a month.

EDIT: I have $300k coverage on all the vehicles, and all but the Chevy have comprehensive coverage.

[/quote]

Wow, I need to look into Progressive. I pay almost that exact amount for my Fusion. I'm 20 (21 July 1st), no accidents or tickets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I pay 1200 every 6 months with Progressive for my Fusion...

TARA !!!!!!!!!!

I am 20 years old..and I was involved in an accident last year...

so, I get :Owned: :wtcslap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts