FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i picked up a pair of no-name fog lights that fit in the cutouts on my SE. i know almost nothing about wiring, so umm....any chance someone could write a short guide/tutorial on tapping the fog lights into the side markers, so they are on whenever the parking lights are on?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well I hope yo have atleast some minimum knowledge as far as wiring goes...
It might take a little while, but I may write one... since I've done the fog lights wiring on my fusion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, so i got everything like..mentally set on how to do it. the only question i have is: which wire running to the side marker light is the hot one i want to tie the lights into?

·
Registered
596 Posts
To be honest with you... I gave your 1st post a good thought or two...
and if you think about it... you saying "i know almost nothing about wiring" if not the best way to approach to this project.... try getting someone who has done any wiriing on a car before... who mights also have the needed parts.

now about your new question...
Yes far as i understand your question:
Yes... you do want ot wire your new set of fog lights to your side markers....
as far as figuring out which wires exaclty run to the side markers (if I understand the question correctly)... you should pop the side markers out first and then cut out enough wre leingth out of that taped up bunch of wires...

before you connect your fog lights... you NEED to figure out which wire of the side markers is running "positive" and which is "negative"... if you connect your fog lights wires to the sidemarker wires incorrect... you might (and probably will) fry your electrical fuse for the side markers if not the whole cicuit board for it.

good luck....

I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.