FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I like the idea of the kit, but the look of the carpet on the dash ect. just resembles an "old persons" car? The "wood grain" looks good tho.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=71107.msg1248502#msg1248502 date=1173060167]
I like the idea of the kit, but the look of the carpet on the dash ect. just resembles an "old persons" car? The "wood grain" looks good tho.
[/quote]
There is no "carpet" on the dash that is a Dash Toppers Sedona Suede Dash Mat it is a perforated suede look material. It is made to fit and protect the dash from the sun. I live in the Arizona desert and it reaches 125 degrees in the summer here. Dashes that are not protected last no more than 3 - 4 years out here. That is why I have the dash mat and my entire front windshield tinted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=71107.msg1248581#msg1248581 date=1173062751]
That looks great. Was it easy to install?
[/quote]
Thank you. It was rather easy the biggest thing is to take your time and pre-fit the pieces to see how they are going to fit before sticking, and it helps to have a helper for the big pieces. It took about 2 hours.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Thank you for the post. I was wondering what color I should go with. Your color was one of my options. But since you got that color, I might go with my other option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks awesome, could you tell me where you got it. I have an all black interior and i am wondering if that would look good on my car. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=bfox57 link=topic=71107.msg1255161#msg1255161 date=1173314559]
That looks awesome, could you tell me where you got it. I have an all black interior and i am wondering if that would look good on my car. Thanks
[/quote]
I purchased the Kit from wooddashexperts.com I would say that after all they do have good customer service. I had orriganally ordered a custom MKZ factory match and the sent the wrong one. After being told it would take another month to get the other I settled for the diffrence of the cutom kit to this one and 10% off. Quality of the kit is very good with very rich looking wood with good depth. Over all I would have really liked the MKZ match, but am very happy with this kit.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Has anyone bought one of those dask kits from E-Bay? If so, are they of good quality and appearance?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
IMO if you have all black interior I think a mahogany or cherry wood dash kit would look much better.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Aren't those kits just stickered to the dash? I've seen them on some earlier 2000's 150's and silverados and they were basically thick stickers.
Let us know how it stands up to the heat, I'd think it would just fall off leaving a sticky residue behind. Hope I'm wrong for your sake lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=Total ConFUSION link=topic=71107.msg1265684#msg1265684 date=1173825019]
RiverFusion,
Did you leave off the pieces that go around the shifter. Their website shows pieces that go aroun the shifter around the PRNDL indicator.
[/quote]
Yes I did leave that off. I liked the look better with out it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=ILikeFordsToo link=topic=71107.msg1273443#msg1273443 date=1174168282]
love the tea bag in the first picture
[/quote]
Ya one of those air freshener experiments. I think I will stick to the under the seat ones. That one lasted all of one week. But one the bright side after the Pina Colada smell left it still had that new car smell left over.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=71107.msg1273890#msg1273890 date=1174188395]
Aren't those kits just stickered to the dash? I've seen them on some earlier 2000's 150's and silverados and they were basically thick stickers.
Let us know how it stands up to the heat, I'd think it would just fall off leaving a sticky residue behind. Hope I'm wrong for your sake lol.
[/quote]
They use the same 3M adhesive as is used on the lip spoilers. Once on its on. Quality seems to be very good and fit is great, but I will keep you updated if it can stay stuck with the kind of heat we get during the summer (125 outside so you can imagine how hot in a closed up car) I don't think it will do to bad. But we will see just starting to get hot here it was 101 yesterday.

·
Registered
702 Posts
it was 90 here in Chico California, about an hour and a half north of Sacramento. The hottest I have ever seen it get here was 120. but normally about a week to three weeks out of the year we see constant 100+ temp with a day or two at 110.

·
Registered
51 Posts
looks great... quick question though... did you have to tell them which dash kit u specifically wanted, i.e. with the analog clock in the dash or without the analog clock... i checked a few websites and most have the normal "fusion" logo on the dash in their diagrams, with no option to purchase a kit w/ the clock...

when you bought yours from wooddashexperts.com did they have the anaolg clock dash kit as an example? I would def. like one, but would hate to have to try to cut an area out for the clock as I am not as inclined to do so as I would like lol...

please let me know if you get a chance. thanks! and it looks great once again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=xikillamikeix link=topic=71107.msg1290732#msg1290732 date=1174875887]
looks great... quick question though... did you have to tell them which dash kit u specifically wanted, i.e. with the analog clock in the dash or without the analog clock... i checked a few websites and most have the normal "fusion" logo on the dash in their diagrams, with no option to purchase a kit w/ the clock...

when you bought yours from wooddashexperts.com did they have the anaolg clock dash kit as an example? I would def. like one, but would hate to have to try to cut an area out for the clock as I am not as inclined to do so as I would like lol...

please let me know if you get a chance. thanks! and it looks great once again!
[/quote]
They do have both kits. It is distinguished by auto temp controls or manual. As the manual temp controls are the cars with out the clock. I don't remember seeing a picture of the auto temp car, but the diagrams they have do show the pieces. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.