FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered them off EBay for $216 shipped to my door.

Install was rediculously simple. It took me under 2 hours to install and align the car myself (I'm a mechanic). There is serioulsy nothing to be afraid of when installing these.

I am very satisfied with the ride. My Milan seems less "floating" when going over small bumps and hills. It isn't harsh at all like my previous 1999 cougar with eibachs. You could seriously install these and go on a vacation with your spouse and they would never even notice the ride difference.

I'm happy with the drop height. It's less than 2 finger width between tire and fender on both axles. Definately looks lower if you look for it. It's not noticable for most people to take notice though.

Pictures to come soon.

And here they are...

Not many, but you get the point hopefully!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Re: Installed Eibachs Yesterday

[quote author=JCalka link=topic=80498.msg1487678#msg1487678 date=1181851459]

Install was rediculously simple. It took me under 2 hours to install and align the car myself (I'm a mechanic). There is serioulsy nothing to be afraid of when installing these.

I am very satisfied with the ride. My Milan seems less "floating" when going over small bumps and hills. It isn't harsh at all like my previous 1999 cougar with eibachs. You could seriously install these and go on a vacation with your spouse and they would never even notice the ride difference.

I'm happy with the drop height. It's less than 2 finger width between tire and fender on both axles. Definately looks lower if you look for it. It's not noticable for most people to take notice though.

Pictures to come soon.
[/quote]

i do have one questions i have swapped struts on lots of cars but it does look like the fronts are a little diff than i have done. You have the 1 large bolt in the middle under hood and the 3 nuts that surround it. On other cars you take the 3 nuts off then the 2 2 thru bolts that hold the knuckle to the strut. But on the fusion it almosts looks like i can just take the center nut off then the 2 bolts and pull it out. is this correct?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Take the pinch bolt out of the top of the wishbone, the bolt through the bottom of the wishbone and the three on the bearing plate. Take the center one off once the spring is totally compressed. If you take that center nut off without compressing the spring, you won't be on these boards for much longer.

·
Registered
75 Posts

[quote author=JCalka link=topic=80498.msg1487678#msg1487678 date=1181851459]

Pictures to come soon.
[/quote]

So did you need any camber adjustment in the front? From my understanding there is no way to adjust the camber in the front of the car. Only the back. Why is that, and have all these people who have been lowering their fusion's just been adjusting the toe in the front?

I plan on lowering mine tonight and having it aligned tomorrow morning. I talked the guy that will be aligning it today and he looked up the car in their data base. It shows to have no camber adjustment on the front end. I have 20s on mine and I just don't want really bad uneven tire wear.

Any imput? Thanks

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

When I had the springs installed, I told the shop to check the camber angles afterward and gave him the angles which were provided below. I had Ford check my alignment after I had the springs installed and they said the alignment was fine. I didn't tell them anything about the new springs. I'm pretty sure, if the car needed an alignment, they would have provided one since it would have cost me.

So far, I have no uneven wear and I have had the springs on 4K now. My tires still look like new.

Steeda's springs offer a 1.4 inch drop. Here is what Steeda told someone on another site about the issue:

"Factory spec doesnt work any way after modifying the geometry once lowered, the reason we offer alignment specs with our mustang C/C plates. The Fusion will not require any other parts to get a good alignment after lowering, specifically with our springs as we do not lower too far as most do. Keep your camber angles at or less than 1.0-1.2 deg. each front side and maybe closer to 1.2-1.5 deg. rear and you shouldnt have any wear issues on a set of tires that are rotated properly."

With that said, the drop with the Eibach's is virtually the same as the Steeda set.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

No camber adjustments were needed. My RR toe was out of spec-which doesn't make sense, which totally threw off my thrust angle...so I had to correct both front toes so my steer ahead was good.

So, in reality, I believe my RR toe was out previous to the install.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Cool deal, JC. My bro and I installed mine about a month or so ago. The change in look is subtle but THERE. 8) Funny, but I went to my brother's last week and he saw me pull up and said 'WOW, I didn't really notice the difference the day we installed the springs but it really looks good.' I'm liking mine more and more. My wife still just rolls her eyes. But at least I got her talked into rims and tires now. Another month. CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Lucky you for only having to wait a month! I'm still in school awaiting my second bachelor's. Once I get a good, solid teaching job, I can afford rims aside for my tuition bills. But my wheels do appear to be bigger now that they're closer to the fenders/quarter panels. I'll get some pictures posted soon, but lowered black cars aren't too impressive in real life, nor in pictures, due to their lack in contrast to the vehicle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
justguth,

why do you say there is no way to adjust camber in the front ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There isn't a way to naturally adjust camber in the front. Aftermarket upper ball joints and/or control arms would be the only way to possibly correct camber.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adjust the eccentric bolts. Why even worry about it? Your alignment guy will know how to do it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Excellent job JC! The cars stance looks really good. A nice set of rims will really set everything off really nicely.

How has the ride quality changed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks, but I was talking more along the lines of what bolts to loosen before you change out springs, thanks again

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Any updates/opinions after having these for a few weeks? Thinking about ordering some this week, just want to know if you're still satisfied with the ride/handling tradeoff etc.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I absolutely love the springs. The car is definately more stable during quick lane changes and cornering. Plus it looks way better. I do wish that it were at least another .5" lower or so. It's not low enough for my taste. But these are the lowest springs available so far. Once more companies come out with lowering kits, I may swap these out. Only negative is that the front bumper is too low to park over a parking block. So, if you're one of those people who hug their front tires against the parking block, you better change your ways soon!

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=JCalka link=topic=80498.msg1606361#msg1606361 date=1186065040]
{snip}Only negative is that the front bumper is too low to park over a parking block. {snip}
[/quote]
Parking blocks AND nose in parking against most curbs. :?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This is true...I've had my springs on for five months now. I love them. The ride is great and you really get a sportier feel. Watch out for those curbs though! I'm totally aware of them at all times.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Damn....I thought I'd actually be able to do this myself. Since there are about 10 terms thrown around here on a regular basis, I think I need to see if someone around my area can do this for me.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts