FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally installed both my bulb kits ( 2 in fog and 2 in headlight ) about 2 months ago when i first purchased the kit from xenonexpert.com, and they were great.

Recently I have noticed that the fog light bulb was bouncing around inside the casing, so I figured it needed to be tightened, again :???:

I found out that one of my bulbs actually came loose from the protective plastic mold it is in, pics below to try and explain:

*dont mind the glue mess around the bottom, im trying to fix this but I am not having luck*

im hoping i can fix this on my own, but im just posting this to warn everyone before purchasing and also everyone who has them should check theirs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
ddm and xenon expert has a lifetime warranty i believe....you should definitely give someone a call for a replacement if it "broke" and became loose or detached...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the blue bar is chipping a little bit but i assumed it was mostly protecting the silver wire that's inside it?

I am definitely not happy but I don't want to wait weeks for a replacement. I got it rigged a little bit and it works. but unfortunately it probably wont last.

maybe someone from xenonexpert will chime in here?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm sure the blue bar is chipped from the bulb rattling around in the housing.

What did you use for glue? Fiberglass resin or 2 part epoxy would be the permanent fix I think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used 2 part epoxy but it took a while to get it good. I got it in there for now and its not shaking but I don't know how long it will last. I'm mostly just warning everyone to have someone stand on the road and look at theirs while they are driving because shaking bulbs are a huge distraction to other drivers and also don't help light the road efficiently.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope you got rid of this setup eventually. HID setups are an absolutely horrid thing for these cars. I hope nobody keeps testing out these systems on our cars by just hearing how cool the light brightness and color is. It's not worth it by far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts