FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like subforums on the base level

ignore it - we're having to start over from basic software because of this latest php problem, so things'll be a bit odd for a couple days.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The board seems to have problems loading the past few days...takes a few minutes sometimes. Is this related??

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
yeah evrything has been crazy here....lol fix it damn it.... :wink:

its all good take your time, so its better.

·
Registered
708 Posts
This is an Old Version of PHPBB right ?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rallychic said:
The board seems to have problems loading the past few days...takes a few minutes sometimes. Is this related??
Yeah... we were running phpBB 2.0.8, which was vulnerable to a recently discovered php flaw (and even more recently discovered php virus). We didn't want to upgrade to the patched v2.0.11 because we couldn't port all our custom code to it. Needless to say, we got the virus. And even better, it hit 4 PM christmas eve. Kept crashing the server every 15 mins. So I spent 18 hours of my christmas programming just to get this far ;)

This is the newest version of phpbb available now, just doesn't have all of our custom code and mods.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow, thanks for all the hard work but you shouldn't have had to do it on Christmas.... :shock:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Rallychic said:
Yeah... we were running phpBB 2.0.8, which was vulnerable to a recently discovered php flaw (and even more recently discovered php virus). We didn't want to upgrade to the patched v2.0.11 because we couldn't port all our custom code to it. Needless to say, we got the virus. And even better, it hit 4 PM christmas eve. Kept crashing the server every 15 mins. So I spent 18 hours of my christmas programming just to get this far ;)

This is the newest version of phpbb available now, just doesn't have all of our custom code and mods.
You are way to devoted Dan. To bad to hear that you got the pesky virus.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dan what plattform are you running ?

NT Still ? If so .... you should move to Linux.
Crappy Viruses....

I could help you out to install a Hardware Based FW...
We could all contribute to buy one. It's from my understanding that the
Server resides in your Network now, right ?

Im a Networking Expert let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Im pretty sure hes not using NT. At least the gallery resides on a Linux box. even Linux is susceptible to some viruses though...well at least some DOS attacks to say the least.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rhigareda said:
Im pretty sure hes not using NT. At least the gallery resides on a Linux box. even Linux is susceptible to some viruses though...well at least some DOS attacks to say the least.

Yeah we run on Fedora Core 1.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Still you could use a nice Netscreen Firewall App.

I miss so much the New PHPbb ... :cry:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Oh wow....Glad the forum is back up and running. Hope you didn't have to work your a$$ off this time around as well.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep .. What happened this time ?

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Wow everything looks so different!

Stupid phpBB hacks :(

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Also - make sure you tar.gz the phpbb ./includes directory this time :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts