FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are having a constant problem with your HID system then here are some Diagnostics that might help you.

[glow=red,2,300]Problem:[/glow] Lights flicker after start up when the engine is runing and you are receiving a erros message on your dash.

[glow=red,2,300]Cause 1: [/glow] If the temperature from where you are is a bit cold then this will be one cause of light flickering due to the fact that your ballast didnt reach the full charge to send power to the igniters to run your bulb on or the capsule and gas in the bulb is beign to hesitant to ignite due to the cold weather.

[glow=red,2,300]FIX[/glow] Before you start your car, first turn on your headlights for 5 seconds and leave them on then turn on your car. Like this you just gave enough time to have the ballast fully charged, the gases in the bulb up to temperature to stay on.

[glow=red,2,300]Problem[/glow]your lights flicker and I recieve an error message on my dash and the temperature is warm. I even let the lights run for 5 seconds before turning on the car and i still have the same problem

[glow=red,2,300]Cause[/glow] The company gave you a bad system. Your Ballast is bad or your igniters are bad. DONT TRY TO FIX THIS YOUR SELF!!Q THE SYSTEM PRODUCES HIGH VOLTAGE, ENOUGH VOLTAGE TO SEND YOU TO THE ER!!!

[glow=red,2,300]FIX: [/glow] Return it and get a new one or get your money back and stick with a well known company.

[glow=red,2,300]Problem:[/glow] My lights suddenly flicker when I am driving.

[glow=red,2,300]Cause:[/glow] Bad ballast or igniters

[glow=red,2,300]FIX:[/glow] Get your money back. Your life shouldnt be in risk over a cheap system. Please do alot of research before you buy any EBAY or CHEAP HID systems. Stick with known brands.

[glow=red,2,300]
NOTE:[/glow] Some places require you to run a relay. I personally dont advise systems with relays unless you run a retro fit to your lights which will use alot of OEM HID ballast, igniters and bulbs and require the ballast. But if its a KIT then it should be a simple plug n play. NO SPLICINING TO YOUR WIRES SHOULD BE REQUIRED or relays shouldnt have to be used.

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE DIAGNOSTICS TO ADD FEEL FREE TO ADD THEM.
OR IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS THAT DONT RELATE TO THIS, FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A P.M

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
You guys also might need a battery harness because your car OEM wiring isn't giving enough current to the ballasts when you start your car. Also, if you have an error display message on your car and the kit is working fine you need a warning message canceler. We sell those too. What happens is that on some car that have those system, since a HID bulb requires less power than an halogen one, the computer thinks you have a burnt bulb. the warning canceler fixes that issue.

Oliver

·
Registered
151 Posts
[quote author=M3-GT link=topic=79199.msg2036621#msg2036621 date=1201757268]
You guys also might need a battery harness because your car OEM wiring isn't giving enough current to the ballasts when you start your car. Also, if you have an error display message on your car and the kit is working fine you need a warning message canceler. We sell those too. What happens is that on some car that have those system, since a HID bulb requires less power than an halogen one, the computer thinks you have a burnt bulb. the warning canceler fixes that issue.

Oliver
[/quote]
Does the canceler use a load equalizer? Also can you post pic of part? BTW. Does your harness use 2 separate connections or does just one socket plug into it?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=fhartell link=topic=79199.msg2445348#msg2445348 date=1215468593]

Oliver
[/quote]
Does the canceler use a load equalizer? Also can you post pic of part? BTW. Does your harness use 2 separate connections or does just one socket plug into it?
[/quote]

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_16&products_id=28

It uses both plugs.

and we also have the BOW eliminators in stock. Many people on here have gotten them from us.

Matt
Dabears2k.com

·
Registered
151 Posts
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=79199.msg2446976#msg2446976 date=1215527151]

Oliver
[/quote]
[/quote]

It uses both plugs.

and we also have the BOW eliminators in stock. Many people on here have gotten them from us.

Matt
Dabears2k.com
[/quote]
Matt, Does it plug into the driverside plug & leave the passenger side hanging loose?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=fhartell link=topic=79199.msg2448400#msg2448400 date=1215557420]
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=79199.msg2446976#msg2446976 date=1215527151]

Oliver
[/quote]
[/quote]

It uses both plugs.

Matt
Dabears2k.com
[/quote]
Matt, Does it plug into the driverside plug & leave the passenger side hanging loose?
[/quote]

I don't believe on the fusion that's how it is. I am not 100% familiar with the fusion. Either way, all the plug is doing is taking the car's headlight wiring to trip the relay from the battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a DDM 55w kit with the battery harness. The directions were not the clearest, so I am not 100% sure I hooked it up correctly. everything is plugged in and looks right to me,but I am still getting the bulb out message. They work fine with no flickering or start-up issues. Is that normal?

Also that double sided tape sucks and already fell off after 2 days. any other mounting options?

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=jbon link=topic=79199.msg3071526#msg3071526 date=1240244603]
I have a DDM 55w kit with the battery harness. The directions were not the clearest, so I am not 100% sure I hooked it up correctly. everything is plugged in and looks right to me,but I am still getting the bulb out message. They work fine with no flickering or start-up issues. Is that normal?

Also that double sided tape sucks and already fell off after 2 days. any other mounting options?

thanks
[/quote]

Same boat as you I have the 55 wt kit work 100% But i get the BOW light and i even had the error cancellations on there Dont no

·
Registered
782 Posts
jbon and cmher18, I installed the DDM kit in my car back in February and at first i used to get the bow even with the cancelers. The only thing the cancelers did for me was get the lights to actually work when i started the car. Eventually though, after hitting reset on the dash every time it popped up for about 4 or 5 days, the warning stopped coming up. Now idk if my sjb was learned that they weren't out since i kept cancelling the message or what, but i haven't had the warning pop up in a while (knock on wood).

Hopefully you guys have the same luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts