FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,
Have you had any tranny issues with your manual trans? Here is a situation, you are on the expressway and you come to complete stop. Your trans is in neutral, so traffic begins to move, so engage the clutch, shift to 1st gear and the transmissions does not let you go into 1st gear.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah, that has happened for me quite a few times in reverse. I just let the car roll a hair, and it slips in like butter.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Nah, it's not the shifter and the bushings. I have the TWM short shifter with new bushings and I still have this problem. It's getting on my nerves. I have to roll sometimes for it to engage. For some reason, it happens where it just doesn't want to engage.

·
Registered
840 Posts
all you do is keep the clutch held down, and pull it in second, then pop it back in first. it fixes it instantly.

but yeah, i have the same issue with mine. its only if you pull it out of gear while the clutch is not depressed. or fail to attempt to put it in gear.

·
Registered
613 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=90762.msg1757032#msg1757032 date=1191456437]
all you do is keep the clutch held down, and pull it in second, then pop it back in first. it fixes it instantly.

but yeah, i have the same issue with mine. its only if you pull it out of gear while the clutch is not depressed. or fail to attempt to put it in gear.
[/quote]

Ah, I like that solution. Well, band-aid solution. But still good thinking. In fact, I think I did this as well before, and it doesnt matter what gear you pop it into before driving off in 1st.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The funny thing is I have tried all that has been suggested. Someon above made a good point, there maybe an internal issue to the transmission.

I had a 325 Bimmer sometime ago with a manual. Shifting was like cutting through butter, nice and smooth!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My car is getting a new tranny because of bad synchros, and yes I had this problem with third and reverse and more lately 5th. Car should be done tomorrow (all warranty).

·
Registered
19 Posts
holy s im not the olny one that eats 3rd gear syncros my first one went at 3000 mies the g5m stinks im thinking about swapping out a mazdaspeed 3 trans

·
Registered
62 Posts
i havent yet had that issue but i've always naturally gone from neutral to 2nd to first just to mesh the syncros. I have done that since i started driving, is a habit picked up from my dad.

I did notice tonight backing into the driveway that my car sounds like my dad's forester in reverse hehe

·
Registered
19 Posts
this trans is weak im on my 3rd just talk to my reagnal ford engneer said many probleams with the clutch and 3rd gear syncros but i went to race some one last night and i missed 2nd and now it dosent like to shift out of first so yea i dont like the trans

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=06 milan 5speed link=topic=90762.msg2495005#msg2495005 date=1217096165]
this trans is weak im on my 3rd just talk to my reagnal ford engneer said many probleams with the clutch and 3rd gear syncros but i went to race some one last night and i missed 2nd and now it dosent like to shift out of first so yea i dont like the trans
[/quote]

i have almost 27K on my car and the tranny an clutch are as good as the day i got the car.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the same issue but I'm used to it. Drive big trucks and they do the same thing- not liking to go in some gears. I just have a natural habbit like someone else mentioned to put it in the next gear then try getting it in again. I mesh second gear every once in a while. Anyone else have that problem? I guess to explain it- all the other gears go in like butta. 2nd wants to be rough.

·
Registered
313 Posts
34,000 miles and no problems with the manual trans.

"but i went to race some one last night"

Ah, there lies the problem.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually had the same problems with 3rd, 5th and reverse. Started around 15k and just now convince guys in the shop to fix it, now at 51k. They first said it was my driving habits, but when my dad starts making comments about it, I know something is wrong. Thankfully it is still under warranty.

Oh, btw, this was on a Job 1 2007.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts