FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
G

·
Retarded. You can't compare our 4 or 6 cylinder engines to V8's?

You have to compare it to another 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder. Of course a V8 is going to sound that low, you can never really expect a 4 or 6 cylinder to hit that low.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oh, I know that. I was just saying that's the kind of sound i wished i had. I know i won't get it and at this point i'm looking to get a Pontiac G8(comes out in 2008 and manual trasmission is expected to be delayed on shipment) in a few years. I just want a little bit better sound, while not too loud or high pitched. That's what i do like about slaterracing's exhaust. Cheap, and not very high pitched or too loud. I mostly hear his engine from the inside video.

Also i believe(not 100% sure) that the first video is an I6

edit, i just checked again and it is the I6, it's a BMW e46 325ci 2.5l I6

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes.. the bmw is a 325... inline 6...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, so again tell me how you can compare a BMW inline 6 to a 3.0L Duratec V6?

Does anyone know what kind of engine they have in those new RWD M Roadsters that have 330HP? It's a 3.2 L inline 6. That car kicks my car's ass once it hits second gear (as it is, it's already 1 full car length ahead after 1st gear). With the amount of displacement and the overall design of the engine, comparing these two engine is rather pointless.

However, I do agree man. I wish my 3.0V6 could have that kind of sound too. I've thought about some Flowmasters or Magnaflows to give deeper sound, but I just don't know. I know it shouldn't affect my gas mileage, but it sure as hell did when I put them on my F150, so I'm a little cautious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
after this weekend i'll post up a vid of my v6 mustang with a coffin, you guys should like it, and i bet the fusion would sound VERY similar with the same muffler

·
Registered
702 Posts
speaking of comparing the roadster is a is $52,000 car, it shure and the hell better beat the fusion v6 lol. Besides, i like I6 engine, naturally smoother and have better low end torque and better torque band. Although the BMW has [email protected], it's torque is 262ft/[email protected] so that sucker revs and it built to. Every muffler will respond different to every engine and even to the same engine with different cams(or forced induction, etc.).

How did it affect the fuel economy on your truck? You make it sound like it went down with I have never heard of unless you develop a lead right foot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dunno where you guys getting all of this from.
I'm fully aware that the BMW 325 and hte fusoin have different engine... no kidding.
The ONLY thing I said was I WISH my fusion sounded like that... even though it never will...

and how this the Z4M got into this conversation? I'm too big in size for them anyways.... :( even though they do kick some major ass!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I like the way the magnaflow sounds, just a little quieter would be nice for me. This thread is completely about opinion and I respect all of yours. I was just letting mine be heard too and one thing lead to another and we were slightly off topic.

·
Registered
702 Posts
dirkafusion, I agree like words can't explain. God video but need the camera pointed at the speedo not the road.
Crystallas, yea, whoever that is is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Crystallas link=topic=70732.msg1268412#msg1268412 date=1173930059]
This one is a little hard to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEO30tO6qfI

Everytime the camera man turns the angle, I keep thinking that he is going to hit oncomming traffic.
[/quote]
:agbullet:
HAHA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts