FordFusionClub.com banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Re: I wanna "Clock" Ford

I hope the Lincoln Zephyr clock fits, the overall design is similar but I'm not too sure on the overall measurements in terms of button locations and diameter of the face when it goes into the Fusion trim piece. My Zephyr clock should be here in a few more days , IMO it looks a lot nicer, more watch like in appearance. If I get it to fit I'll let you know.

[quote author=JFUSION link=topic=31409.msg1036451#msg1036451 date=1161992459]
I hope the Lincoln Zephyr clock fits, the overall design is similar but I'm not too sure on the overall measurements in terms of button locations and diameter of the face when it goes into the Fusion trim piece.  My Zephyr clock should be here in a few more days , IMO it looks a lot nicer, more watch like in appearance.   If I get it to fit I'll let you know.
[/quote]

JFUSION Please be sure to report back after you receive the Zephyr clock. I'm real interested to see what that clock looks like and if it works in the Fusion.

[quote author=biffster link=topic=31409.msg1037903#msg1037903 date=1162078151]
[quote author=JFUSION link=topic=31409.msg1036451#msg1036451 date=1161992459]
I hope the Lincoln Zephyr clock fits, the overall design is similar but I'm not too sure on the overall measurements in terms of button locations and diameter of the face when it goes into the Fusion trim piece.  My Zephyr clock should be here in a few more days , IMO it looks a lot nicer, more watch like in appearance.   If I get it to fit I'll let you know.
[/quote]

JFUSION Please be sure to report back after you receive the Zephyr clock.   I'm real interested to see what that clock looks like and if it works in the Fusion.
[/quote]

sure thing , no problem. I spent some time today taking the stock clock apart, just in case the Zephyr clock doesn't quite fit our dash panel it looks like I can likely swap it into our clock's housing as I can get our clock comletely out of its housing being able to break it down into all of its pieces. So I think there is a good chance it will work one way or another. I'll report back as soon as it comes in. The Zephyr clock had to be shipped from somewhere down south, Mississippi or someplace like that, not a huge amount of stock in that item I guess.

How much did they charge you for the Z clock?

[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=31409.msg1038345#msg1038345 date=1162093262]
How much did they charge you for the Z clock?
[/quote]

I ordered it while driving and using my cel phone, I think he said it was $71 , but it may have been $81 or $91 as there was a little static when he quoted me the price, I just said go ahead with it since it was under a hundred bucks and I really wanted to try it. Those are Canadian Prices, in the US they probably are a good 20% less than that I would think. The best thing would be to try a local auto scapyard there must be some Zephyrs that have crashed by now. :)

[quote author=fusionwarfare link=topic=31409.msg1039014#msg1039014 date=1162149813]

def better than the fusion clock, prob could open the clock and paint over "Lincoln" or something
[/quote]

yeah that's what I mean by it looking more watch like in appearance compared the Fusion clock, I don't mind the Lincoln name on it. The buttons on the Zephyr clock look like they are space further from the clock than the Fusion setup, which makes me thiink that I need to swap housings to make it fit, that's my plan, crossing my fingers.

after waiting a week they ended up shipping me a fusion clock instead of a zephyr clock, dumb shits . Re-ordered it today and the zephyr clock should be here in 7 days time or less. Why can't people listen when you order a part, do they just order whatever they want or what ?. Then they wonder why dealerships get such a bad rap. So I will likely report back in a week's time.

the clock finally arrived, it is a much nicer looking clock compared to the fusion, it has a metallic background with nicely appointed points for the numbers, and the clock hands are well chiseled. Much nicer finish.

Unfortunately it is not a direct fitment, the dial is smaller than the Fusion's, the adjustment knobs fit in the same spot though. Mounting the unit will have to be different as it does not bolt into the stock location. I may have to canibalize the stock clock to make it work.

The Zephyr clock lights up in a very bright white colour, almost an HID look to it, with the metalic hands and backdrop the colour looks really sweet. Even though our interior is green , the white coloured Zephyr clock looks really nice, I love the look of it, almost like an expensive watch look to it when it's all lit up. I gotta make it fit somehow because it is really nice IMO. Because it isn't a direct fit I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I want to make it fit so I'll work at it.

I finally got the Zephyr clock installed in the Fusion center panel. I made some custom brackets out of copper (easy to bend) and mounted it in the stock location, using some sticky tape and the stock screws. Now the clock face is smaller than the stock hole opening, however the clock has a nice taupe colour around the face so you get a taupe ring colour between the black panel face and the silver clock bezel, it actually looks okay IMO.

Best part about the clock is the nightime view, sweet bright white colour makes the clock face almost jewel-like, more in line with a fine watch appearance. I love the clock overall, despite the installation pains and different look, it is extremely nice looking. I can't snap any pics because my camera went in for warranty work, so it'll be gone for a few weeks.

[quote author=JFUSION link=topic=31409.msg1062422#msg1062422 date=1163229967]
I finally got the Zephyr clock installed in the Fusion center panel. I made some custom brackets out of copper (easy to bend) and mounted it in the stock location, using some sticky tape and the stock screws. Now the clock face is smaller than the stock hole opening, however the clock has a nice taupe colour around the face so you get a taupe ring colour between the black panel face and the silver clock bezel, it actually looks okay IMO.

Best part about the clock is the nightime view, sweet bright white colour makes the clock face almost jewel-like, more in line with a fine watch appearance. I love the clock overall, despite the installation pains and different look, it is extremely nice looking. I can't snap any pics because my camera went in for warranty work, so it'll be gone for a few weeks.
[/quote] :ttiwwp:

Lets see some pictures.... Night & day shot

[quote author=JFUSION link=topic=31409.msg1065526#msg1065526 date=1163464877]
I'd love to snap some pics but my digital camera is in for warranty work, and we all know how long that takes :(.
[/quote]

No problem..... Just hit us up when you get it back

well I got my camera back and I have snapped a couple pics of the Zephyr clock in my Fusion. I don't know how to post pics that are stored on my computer, but I can email them to anyone who gives me their email address, and perhaps somone can post them on here. Sorry it took so long , damn Future Shop delayed my camera repair, but just in time for xmas anyhow. So let me know if you wish to have my pics emailed , thanks

Joey

I prefer these to digital read outs though I can see how many people would prefer digital for ease of use. The best clock in a car I've seen is an IWC in a mercedes S class-that alone is worth a few grand. I'd love to replace it with something else but not the lincoln clock-it looks nicer but it says lincoln and its still not that great.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.