FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the only color I would consider for my black interior. Any reason you would beg to differ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah my bad. It's the wood dash kit. The blotchiness is the wood grain. It's a grey burl.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I like the look of the dash kits, but I don't care for covering the stereo.... Just looks like too much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I might consider installing one of these sets some time, however I think dark red burl looks better with black interior. :smokin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Carlson link=topic=78016.msg1425681#msg1425681 date=1179710486]
I might consider installing one of these sets some time, however I think dark red burl looks better with black interior. :smokin:
[/quote]

Do you have a photo of the red in a black interior?

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote author=RedFireSEL link=topic=78016.msg1425842#msg1425842 date=1179713488]
[quote author=Carlson link=topic=78016.msg1425681#msg1425681 date=1179710486]
[/quote]

Do you have a photo of the red in a black interior?
[/quote]
Unfortunately no, at least no photo of Fusion with this trim combination. I've seen red on black interior in Five Hundred Limited at Ford dealership, and kind of liked it. I wish Ford offered the same for Fusion... :roll:

·
Registered
910 Posts
the only burl I like or think should exist is the original. My grandfather used to sell burlwood to car manufacturers years back (rolls royce was one of them) he also sold it for furniture to, I still have a very large and heavy solid burlwood coffee table he had made in the 50s.

Personally I don't think wood looks right in the fusion I like my piano trim myself though I think it could be more black and more shiny 8) I think it would be nice to have the stereo done this way as well but not surrounded by wood.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't care for plastic wood (plood) in general. I really like the piano black trim with our charcoal interior in our SEL. But small amounts of plood might look OK with the camel (tan) interior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely unique, although I am indifferent. It reminds me of Jimi Hendrix-[glow=red,2,300]psychedelic [/glow] kind of look. 8) It would go great with the Dark Amethyst color.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not completely nuts. :) Just too much, IMHO. When I did mine, (Medium Light stone interior charcoal upper, w/ Charcoal Cherrywood dash kit), it was an either/or; meaning either cover the lower climate controls OR cover the center and side AC vents w/ the kit. To me, covering both was too much.

Never have I seen a wooden radio, even on Gilligans Island. :shock:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree totally on the "too much" sentiment. Your dash is the best looking color combo/coverage I have seen. I would do even less than you have - I wouldn't put the wood around the shifter/cup holders. Now my issue is paying $200+ only to use 3 pieces of the kit. :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts