FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[glow=green,2,300]I removed the catalytic converter today![/glow] I'm running straight pipes to the back and now I don’t know what to do... this is my problem I got no check engine light come on that’s good! But at high revs the exhaust seems to make a nasty tone umm I can’t even compare it to anything other than that it sounds great at low revs!   Now my question out there I know I’m going to have to put in a muffler or glass pack... but what do you all recommend I use?

·
Registered
108 Posts
How far have you driven with no code yet ? It should come on may just take it a while to do so once the pcm runs self tests and finds out it readings are all frooked up. So be on the look out for that light coming soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thereisnospoon, thanks for your input I will be going with the magnaflow! And Wingfoot I’ve driven about 200 miles now and no check engine light I spoke to my father he works for Honda he said that if it hasn’t come on by now it won’t come on anymore. But I’ll keep you updated just incase it happens to light up I hope not! Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey twowheelin, No there is no O2 senor on or near the cat. The O2 senor I saw when the car was on the lift at the muffler shop were up near the headers of the car.

Mario

·
Registered
127 Posts
i personally would never do this to my car. i dont like the way it sounds at all

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=A_bishop07 link=topic=93588.msg1897267#msg1897267 date=1196800901]
i personally would never do this to my car. i dont like the way it sounds at all

[/quote]

Screw the sound, it's retarded to obliterate your emission controls for maybe 2 whp. I'm no tree hugger, but I think it's senseless to remove a useful pollution control.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ummm, yeah, you need to tone that down. It sounds ricey.

·
Registered
840 Posts
unique?

no offense, but it sounds terrible. you're losing back pressure like crazy which will deter hp.

get some high flow cats, get em welded on, and get some good mufflers. you'll gain horse power, and i wont want to key your car if i see it ever.

sorry, but it just sounds bad.

·
Registered
484 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=93588.msg1901179#msg1901179 date=1196913745]
unique?

no offense, but it sounds terrible. you're losing back pressure like crazy which will deter hp.

get some high flow cats, get em welded on, and get some good mufflers. you'll gain horse power, and i wont want to key your car if i see it ever.

sorry, but it just sounds bad.
[/quote]

+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts