FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine works with steel, welding, fabricating, etc. I told him how I wanted the Steeda door sill plates
but I didn't like the $100.00 price tag. He could cut me a set of polished for $75.00 and he has connections with
an engraver. Would anyone else be interested in a set? He said he would use .030 stainless sheet and could
get brushed or polished with or without the logo. He was only concerned about Ford having a copyright on the
name. Does anyone know if this would be a problem?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
As long as he isn't selling them, the copyright should not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, I just don't know how they could have a major copyright. With Nike having a major line of "FUSION" apparel, golf clubs, etc. and with there being a whole line of "FUSION" amplifiers for cars, I don't see how it would really be that much of an issue. Hell, there's even a whole line of "FUSION" herbal drugs. For $75 as long as they buff up really nice, then I could see myself interested in a set.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't think you'd have a problem unless you were trying to sell them as an actual Ford product. My dash kit has "FUSION" on the passenger side dash strip. Also, my local dealership has a performance/modication store and they sell both original Ford products and ones made by other companies. For example, they have mudflaps for the Fusion. The Ford and off-brand ones both say Fusion and look relatively the same. The only difference is that the Ford ones are thicker and look to be made from a higher grade of plastic.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I ordered some of the Steeda sills last week. I didn't want the Fusion logo on them, so I went with the Steeda logo since I have other Steeda parts in the interior. I'll post pics and reviews of the quality once they arrive and document the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts