FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know if anyone has change there Exhaust System i look to change my to a
Performance Exhaust System

·
Super Moderator
5,909 Posts
i would like to know if anyone has change there Exhaust System i look to change my to a
Performance Exhaust System
Hi racecar and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. There are many existing threads concerning aftermarket exhaust systems.

The short story is this: The catalytic converters are the bottleneck in the exhaust tract, not the exhuast and mufflers after them. Therefore, an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system will do absolutely nothing for performance, horsepower etc. Plus, the Fusion already has a very efficient factory exhaust system.

If you want to replace your exhaust to make it louder, go ahead. But it will do nothing for power.

If you decide to go ahead, the most popular mufflers/exhausts are made by Borla, Magnaflow and Flowmaster.
Borla is the most expensive, highest quality and best sound. Magnaflow is less expensive, not as high quality and second in sound. Flowmaster is least expensive of the three, lower again in quality, and many feel it has an unpleasant drone at highway speeds.

If you do a site search, you can find many threads discussing this.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can confirm the highway drone of a flowmaster from a vehicle i owned many years ago. It was awful and since then I've stayed away from chambered mufflers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts