FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a local Hyundai dealer has been more or less making fun of the Fusion Challenge that Ford is doing. They have a 4 cyl Fusion S Auto on the lot and are asking people to come and drive the Hyundai Sonata then drive the Fusion and you will see the Sonata is the best. Well here is my story I had half a day off today so went out to the dealership to give there little challenge a shot. Well I parked off to the side so the salesmen I talked to did not see what I was driving. Went over and looked at a 5 speed Sonata and took one for a test drive. It was crap did not like it had no power at all. But I did not say any of that at the time. So after we got back the salesmen said now lets drive the Fusion and you will se how much better the Sonata is. So I started walking the other way from him and he said the Fusion is this way I said I know yours is this way but I am going to take you for a drive in my Fusion and I will show you which cars is better. The look on his face was priceless. I said the Fusion he had was an Auto and mine is a 5speed so it would be apples to apples. Well needless to say he did not go for a ride and I did not buy a Sonata.

G

·
LMFAO, priceless.

Of course, they picked the lowest end class of Fusion they could.

Imagine if you were there in a V6 SEL AWD.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=85880.msg1628824#msg1628824 date=1186776691]
LMFAO, priceless.

Of course, they picked the lowest end class of Fusion they could.

Imagine if you were there in a V6 SEL AWD.

[/quote]

ya i know. Even if they would have picked an SE V6 it would have been better. The only reason they let me drive a 4 bannger Sonata is because i told them i would not drive an Auto it had to be a 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
That's sick! I love it...get'm Slate :lmao: :goodjob:

·
Registered
195 Posts
The other thing is.. In the latest Motor Trend they actually show the Fusion SEL V6 being .1 seconds quicker 0-60 over the Sonata V6! Imagine that. The Sonata has a larger engine with about 15 MORE HP and the Fusion is still quicker or just as quick.. Like how the media also says the Fusion V6 is "weak" Look through the Motor Trend for the latest models and compare 0-60 times of other sedans. The Fusion is just as quick as Acura models with automatic transmissions!! Got to love the media. :x

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote author=Scape2 link=topic=85880.msg1633975#msg1633975 date=1186972412]
Like how the media also says the Fusion V6 is "weak" Look through the Motor Trend for the latest models and compare 0-60 times of other sedans. The Fusion is just as quick as Acura models with automatic transmissions!! Got to love the media. :x
[/quote]
The media is all about ratings, they're all about what people want now. That's why one day they'll take one side then the next day they flip to the other side. Yes, for the past decade people have been more pleased with imports, so the media wants people to feel comfortable with what they have (people will watch their broadcast if they feel more comfortable with what's being said.) It's a damn conspiracy i tell you, you have to read unbiased reports to find the truth in anything now-a-days but that is really hard to find in this day in age.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Nice job! You should have lit up the tires in the parking lot when you left lol.

I like going to dealerships for test drives just to drive a manual when I'm bored. I drove the Tiburon a couple times and I was disappointed. I really like the way they look but it felt cheap all around.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=85880.msg1635592#msg1635592 date=1187021598]
Nice job! You should have lit up the tires in the parking lot when you left lol.

I like going to dealerships for test drives just to drive a manual when I'm bored. I drove the Tiburon a couple times and I was disappointed. I really like the way they look but it felt cheap all around.
[/quote]

ya my sister has one. It looks great but what a pooch. No power what so ever. I also drove the new Lancer that day to. Again the car looks great would love to have one but only 120hp 4cyl? that is such crap. the car is way bigger than the last lancer and it has the same motor. My fusion would kill that thing without a problem.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the new Lancers. You have the GTZ, which is a sporty model. You'll have a Ralliart version with FI/AWD to compete against the WRX. You no longer have to step up to the EVO in order to get excellent performance. The base Lancer is just that: a base economy car. It's on par with Civic, Corolla, Sentra, etc.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85880.msg1638239#msg1638239 date=1187091318]
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the new Lancers. You have the GTZ, which is a sporty model. You'll have a Ralliart version with FI/AWD to compete against the WRX. You no longer have to step up to the EVO in order to get excellent performance. The base Lancer is just that: a base economy car. It's on par with Civic, Corolla, Sentra, etc.
[/quote]

When i was at the dealer all they had was the GTS. It had a body/lip kit on it, spoiler, 18's and a few other things to make it look good but the drive train was the same for all 3 models. 120hp 4 bannger with no pull at all. i had to shut off the air to get on it but it still did not help. I love the way they look plus the inter was laid out great. Lots of leg room in the back. It would be a nice car to have if it had about 180hp to 200hp with manual trans.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638267#msg1638267 date=1187093024]
When i was at the dealer all they had was the GTS. It had a body/lip kit on it, spoiler, 18's and a few other things to make it look good but the drive train was the same for all 3 models. 120hp 4 bannger with no pull at all. i had to shut off the air to get on it but it still did not help. I love the way they look plus the inter was laid out great. Lots of leg room in the back. It would be a nice car to have if it had about 180hp to 200hp with manual trans.
[/quote]

Where are you getting the 120 hp figure? The old Lancers had 120, not the new ones.

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/08/specs.do?loc=en-us

152 horses in the base motor, which is on par (or above) with Focus, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, etc. etc.

Besides, all econoboxes come with frugal powertrains and usually have a more powerful engine as an option. Want real performance? Wait a month or so for the Ralliart to come out. Turbo/AWD and at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85880.msg1638316#msg1638316 date=1187095421]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638267#msg1638267 date=1187093024]
[/quote]

Where are you getting the 120 hp figure? The old Lancers had 120, not the new ones.

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/08/specs.do?loc=en-us

152 horses in the base motor, which is on par (or above) with Focus, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, etc. etc.

Besides, all econoboxes come with frugal powertrains and usually have a more powerful engine as an option. Want real performance? Wait a month or so for the Ralliart to come out. Turbo/AWD and at a reasonable price.
[/quote]
I got it off the window sticker. The dealer must have printed it wrong. The sales person also told me 120. Oh well it still does not feel as strong as the fusion. Even when the fusion was stock.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638321#msg1638321 date=1187095673]

I got it off the window sticker. The dealer must have printed it wrong. The sales person also told me 120. Oh well it still does not feel as strong as the fusion. Even when the fusion was stock.
[/quote]

It's all good. Was just trying to point out that it's easily on par performance wise with the cars it's actually competing against.

Now the old Lancers, they were just dogs. I used to drive a Spec-V, and I got tired of all the kiddies in the Lancer OZ's trying to race me :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85880.msg1638324#msg1638324 date=1187095871]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638321#msg1638321 date=1187095673]

[/quote]

It's all good. Was just trying to point out that it's easily on par performance wise with the cars it's actually competing against.

Now the old Lancers, they were just dogs. I used to drive a Spec-V, and I got tired of all the kiddies in the Lancer OZ's trying to race me :)
[/quote]

LOL ya i know that one. I drove a Neon Sport for 4 years and it was set up for Autocrossing and a little drag racing. Kids in Civics and Lancers were always wanting to run me. Even had my wife call me one night when she had my car. She started off by saying "honey i love you" so the first thing that coming into mind is you wrecked my car. so i asked what happed and how much is it going to cost me :lol: . she said no some kid in a honda tried to race her and she smoked him. I just started to laugh.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638373#msg1638373 date=1187097913]

LOL ya i know that one. I drove a Neon Sport for 4 years and it was set up for Autocrossing and a little drag racing. Kids in Civics and Lancers were always wanting to run me. Even had my wife call me one night when she had my car. She started off by saying "honey i love you" so the first thing that coming into mind is you wrecked my car. so i asked what happed and how much is it going to cost me :lol: . she said no some kid in a honda tried to race her and she smoked him. I just started to laugh.
[/quote]

That's one of the most annoying things about owning any sport compact. Sometimes, I really don't want to race at EVERY light :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85880.msg1638385#msg1638385 date=1187098385]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638373#msg1638373 date=1187097913]

[/quote]

That's one of the most annoying things about owning any sport compact. Sometimes, I really don't want to race at EVERY light :lol:
[/quote]

agreed. Normally i just point and laugh. that normally pisses them off enough. I did freak one guy out. i was coming back from an autocross so i had my harness intalled and had my helmet next to me. we were both stopped at a light and he started rev'ing it so i just looked at him grabbed the harness straps and put them on then reached over and put my helmet on. The look on that kids face was classic. It was a kodak moment.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85880.msg1638454#msg1638454 date=1187100163]

agreed. Normally i just point and laugh. that normally pisses them off enough. I did freak one guy out. i was coming back from an autocross so i had my harness intalled and had my helmet next to me. we were both stopped at a light and he started rev'ing it so i just looked at him grabbed the harness straps and put them on then reached over and put my helmet on. The look on that kids face was classic. It was a kodak moment.
[/quote]

haha, awesome :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts