FordFusionClub.com banner

Howdy from Canerduh.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Winchested 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2011 2.5 SE manual.

Sharp li'l car. Got rid of a POS 09 dodge caliber w/ 358k km on it for it.

Has 157k km on it.

My 2011 F150's li'l kid lol.

Look forward to learning the BS about these cars.

Goes in for airbag recall Wednesday. Safety check next Tues.

Been dealer maintained, 1 owner car. Li'l rusty in the rockers and crusty sub frames but that's kanada for ya.

Hoping to get 4-5 years out of it.

Only paid $4300 with a set of snows.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, good luck with it. Which airbag recall, drivers (steering wheel) or the passenger? I am still waiting for parts for the drivers side.

I wonder how rare the manual transmission is with the Appearance Package. Does it have the cloth with the weird light geometric shapes, or leather?

All appearance (and monochrome version) vehicles I found were Tuxedo Black, and with the sun and heat in the desert I am not doing a black car again.

A Monochrome Appearance Pack SE with the 3.0 in Ingot Silver was my my goal, but settled on what I ended up with. I like the same suspension as the Sport and the wheels are unique.

#5 ·
Change coolant and use fords new yellow. I would even do the transmission just to be safe
Ford Fusion Manual Transmission Fluid Change - YouTube
Okay it's still got the spec dark green in it. Flush and fill with special yellow does it make a diff?

I did 4 new plugs and COP boots today.

Snow tires are on.

Did the door pins on driver door.

Pulled the sync fuse and reset cause the dumb bitch wouldnt listen to me, she works now.

Still needs to be safetied on Tuesday. I'm hoping he will safety it with the soft passenger rocker. Otherwise I'm buying a slip on and just screwing it on. Only need 4-5 years out of it.

Ill do the trans fluid soon to 75-90 synthetic I assume.

#6 ·
If you can still find the correct "Specialty Green" (not generic green coolant) you can use it, but yes, the Yellow (not gold) can be used to top off, or drain and refill. A full flush is not required unless there is something else going on, like oil contamination. You follow the factory schedule for change intervals (like in my 2012 Fusion or 2017 Escape follow what the Orange coolant recommends, Yellow is a replacement for it as well).

I am going to try pulling my SYNC fuse to fix my issue with SYNC. It stops recognizing voice commands and doesn't let me select Bluetooth via the menu either. It happens every 6 or 7 months, and just pull the battery, I didn't have luck with the fuse(s) last time, but will make sure I get the right one this time.

I wouldn't assume on the transmission fluid (but you are right...) but look in the owners manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.