FordFusionClub.com banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=144972.msg4148826#msg4148826 date=1321488494]
t...his would not be the first case of someone thinking their sensors were not programmed/reprogrammed when they actually were. It may be a good idea to double-check and ask the shop what their procedure is. :popcorn:

Let us know what you find out and good luck. :cheers:
[/quote]
BBF...I know for a fact that they did not program them as I had them mount 'em up and I brought them back to my house to put them on myself...and I know I didn't do any type of programming....as an aside, I have just returned from my work site (another 3 1/2 hour trip) and still no warning light came on....interesting indeed...I will be on the look out when/if the warning light comes on....

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=twintornados link=topic=144972.msg4149982#msg4149982 date=1321644978]
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=144972.msg4148826#msg4148826 date=1321488494]
t...his would not be the first case of someone thinking their sensors were not programmed/reprogrammed when they actually were. It may be a good idea to double-check and ask the shop what their procedure is. :popcorn:

Let us know what you find out and good luck. :cheers:
[/quote]
BBF...I know for a fact that they did not program them as I had them mount 'em up and I brought them back to my house to put them on myself...and I know I didn't do any type of programming....as an aside, I have just returned from my work site (another 3 1/2 hour trip) and still no warning light came on....interesting indeed...I will be on the look out when/if the warning light comes on....
[/quote]

Hi tt. :wavey: Gotcha'. Just figured I would throw the thought/possibility out there. One of those "just in case" moments.

End result then is the warning light will eventually come on or there is an issue with your TPMS system. One way to verify is lower the pressure in one of your tires to somewhere below 26 psi (25% below the factory preset). If you do not get a low pressure warning there is a problem with your TPMS system. If you do get a warning light, then the sensors were somehow programmed or your TPMS system has experienced a miracle, since new sensors must be programmed to the system to be recognized.

Keep us updated and good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=144972.msg4150465#msg4150465 date=1321763504]
Hi tt. :wavey: Gotcha'. Just figured I would throw the thought/possibility out there. One of those "just in case" moments.

End result then is the warning light will eventually come on or there is an issue with your TPMS system. One way to verify is lower the pressure in one of your tires to somewhere below 26 psi (25% below the factory preset). If you do not get a low pressure warning there is a problem with your TPMS system. If you do get a warning light, then the sensors were somehow programmed or your TPMS system has experienced a miracle, since new sensors must be programmed to the system to be recognized.

[/quote]

OK BBF and all others...my TPMS system is correctly functioning...I took BBFs suggestion and lowered the pressure on one of my tires (took it down to 20 PSI)...BINGO! TPMS light came on and system warned me of "Low Tire Pressure". Aired the tire back up to spec, light went off and warning display disappeared. Moral of the story...always use FoMoCo sensors....

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=twintornados link=topic=144972.msg4151098#msg4151098 date=1321906469]
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=144972.msg4150465#msg4150465 date=1321763504]

[/quote]

OK BBF and all others...my TPMS system is correctly functioning...I took BBFs suggestion and lowered the pressure on one of my tires (took it down to 20 PSI)...BINGO! TPMS light came on and system warned me of "Low Tire Pressure". Aired the tire back up to spec, light went off and warning display disappeared. Moral of the story...always use FoMoCo sensors....
[/quote]

Hi tt. :wavey: Hmmm...well while the outcome defies explanation with the facts presented, at least it all worked out for you in the end. :csweeney:

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
BBF...I am baffled as well....everything I have read says you need to reset the TPMS system....but the fact remains that my system recognized the sensors with no external reset of said system...I know for a fact that I did not reset anything and I put the tires on the car myself...could the 2012 system have an "auto-recognize" function?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to Reset TPMS Sensors

Hi,
I bought the radio 2nd hand on ebay and the original admin/admin password has been changed so how can I now have access to the web interface to change settings?
Is there a reset that can be done on the device? Some key combination maybe?
Thanks in advance
Ken

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Re: How to Reset TPMS Sensors

[quote author=Fonneniadoula link=topic=144972.msg4166728#msg4166728 date=1325200189]
Hi,
I bought the radio 2nd hand on ebay and the original admin/admin password has been changed so how can I now have access to the web interface to change settings?
Is there a reset that can be done on the device? Some key combination maybe?
Thanks in advance
Ken
[/quote]

Hi Ken. :wavey: We are discussing TPMS systems on the U.S./Canada spec Ford Fusion in this thread, not radios. What are you discussing?

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=144972.msg4166777#msg4166777 date=1325207458]
He's a lurking spammer (google'd his email addy). Bant. :lol:
[/quote]

Hi fatabbot. :wavey: Considering his off the wall question, that was my assumption. Just figured I would keep an eye on his posts and let him hang himself. :slap:

Thanks for saving us the trouble.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't know what is going on with him either, but his signature shows he is from the UK, where it is common for car radios to include an anti-theft system that requires a code to be entered if the electrical input is disconnected (dead battery, cleaning battery cables, removing radio and installing in another car).

With proof of ownership and the radio serial number, dealer service personnel can provide the code.

One of the big questions is why is he asking Fusion owners when Fusions are not sold in Europe?

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Big Jim link=topic=144972.msg4166864#msg4166864 date=1325223582]
I don't know what is going on with him either, but his signature shows he is from the UK, where it is common for car radios to include an anti-theft system that requires a code to be entered if the electrical input is disconnected (dead battery, cleaning battery cables, removing radio and installing in another car).

With proof of ownership and the radio serial number, dealer service personnel can provide the code.

One of the big questions is why is he asking Fusion owners when Fusions are not sold in Europe?
[/quote]

Hi Big Jim. :wavey: Yes, unfortunately this is just a spammer/spambot using the word "reset" as a search/cross reference word and in this case he/they came up with a TPMS reset thread.

We get a lot of it lately and they are always easy to recognize when the questions or replies come out of left field and have nothing to do with the threads actual subject. They post, then if they don't include the spam links right away, they come back later and add them, hoping they go unseen. Makes little sense to sensible people, but this is what they do. :bash: :popcorn:

Just figured I would give you (and anyone else reading this) a little background to better understand what fatabbot and I were discussing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[quote author=Big Jim link=topic=144972.msg4166864#msg4166864 date=1325223582]
.....One of the big questions is why is he asking Fusion owners when Fusions are not sold in Europe?
[/quote]
Big Jim....Fusions are sold in Europe...just they are a small SUV-ish vehicle over there...

·
Registered
146 Posts
low tire pressure light

My low tire pressure light came on and after getting the tire replaced (screw in the tire) the light still remains on. How can I reset this if possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone here been unsuccessful resetting their wheel sensors? Long story short, I replaced a stock Sport wheel I damaged with another Sport wheel. When I tried to reset the system today, the resetting tool doesn't seem to recognize the TPMS on the rear driver's side. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
you have to either get ford to do it or have the specific tool to do it. the only way to make it shut up is to have the tool, i have one broken so i keep getting the light and warning and theres no way to shut it up unless i buy a new sensor and get the tool to calibrate it. if it wont calibrate the sensor it might be broken as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you have to either get ford to do it or have the specific tool to do it. the only way to make it shut up is to have the tool, i have one broken so i keep getting the light and warning and theres no way to shut it up unless i buy a new sensor and get the tool to calibrate it. if it wont calibrate the sensor it might be broken as well.
Thank you, I suspect I might have received a bad sensor. I ordered the resetting tool when I ordered the new sensor. Ugh, looks like I get to spend more money. This stinks.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Thank you, I suspect I might have received a bad sensor. I ordered the resetting tool when I ordered the new sensor. Ugh, looks like I get to spend more money. This stinks.
Hi TAS. There are two types of TPMS sensors: band type and valve-stem type. At least here in the U.S., your car would be equipped with valve-stem type TPMS sensors, and the two types are not interchangeable. Therefore, just a question or two. What type was on the old wheel and when you replaced the wheel? Did you install a band type or valve-stem type sensor? You would need to replace with the same type as installed before. And if the new sensor is defective, it should be replaced for free.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi TAS. There are two types of TPMS sensors: band type and valve-stem type. At least here in the U.S., your car would be equipped with valve-stem type TPMS sensors, and the two types are not interchangeable. Therefore, just a question or two. What type was on the old wheel and when you replaced the wheel? Did you install a band type or valve-stem type sensor? You would need to replace with the same type as installed before. And if the new sensor is defective, it should be replaced for free.

Good luck.
Hey BBF, the old type sensor was a valve type and I replaced it with another valve type. I will contact the dealership in the states that I ordered it from. I don't think I did anything wrong because when I start the resetting process the first three wheels work with no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with an advisor and he said it might be a faulty sensor. He said I can try two things:

1. Wave the resetting tool 3-4 inches away from the valve stem (I kept my resetting tool right near the valve stem)
2. Place a magnet on the wheel, it may help move the sensor to reset it. He said a speaker magnet will work or a small donut shaped one that will hang on the valve stem (the guys at the dealership use the donut one).

On another slightly unrelated note, he said you can start the resetting process with any wheel you choose even though the car tells you to start with the front driver wheel. Hopefully this information can help someone. I have a large magnet at work and will attempt that tomorrow. If that doesn't work it looks like I will be buying another new sensor.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts