FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to swap out the bulbs in my fogs tomorrow. How do I get to them? I don't have to take the bumper off, do I?

Thanks!

·
Registered
833 Posts
From underneath the car. The shields at each corner can be removed to access the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I tried removing my fog lights last week and I couldn't do it. I removed the plastic shields underneath the bumper and for some reason I couldn't get the bulbs out. Are you supposed to turn them clockwise or counterclockwise? I didn't want to use too much force because I didn't want to mess anything up. Any advice?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I believe it is counterclockwise, but am not positive. In any case it should not be too hard.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=shumax link=topic=91612.msg1778032#msg1778032 date=1192244918]
I am going to swap out the bulbs in my fogs tomorrow. How do I get to them? I don't have to take the bumper off, do I?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi "shumax", and "11011101". :wavey: The instructions are in your Owners Manual. Look up "fog lamps" in the Index (should be about page 49). Then flip to the section which says "Replacing Foglamp Bulbs" (should be around page 61). There are detailed instructions there.

An added bit of advice, Do not touch the glass bulb with your fingers or any dirty rag, paper towel etc. Handle it only by the socket portion. If you touch the glass bulb at all, wipe it clean with denatured alcohol and a clean cloth. Touching the bulb or getting it dirty can/will greatly shorten its lifespan

Good luck! :cheers:

PS - "Eiching 1" was correct. To remove, they do turn counterclockwise. Also, I was wondering how many of us actually bother looking for information in their Owners Manual first? :thebeansoldier:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Counterclockwise and push in a little at the same time. When you put it back together you can use a little anti-seize or even vaseline around the base to make it easier to remove next time, it will also help seal it. (NOT ON THE BULB!)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it taken care of. Took more time removing the bolt/screws to the plastic paneling underneath the car then anything else. I bet it took me 15min., total for both sides.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.