FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the 3dCarbon wing off the back of the car, and it's installed with double-sided 3M tape. I cannot get that shit off to save my life. I mean, it's coming slow and sure and painfully slow...and slow...did I mention slow? Difficulty ensues.

Anyway, does anyone have a trick on how to remove this stuff?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
WD-40 will take the sticky right off and won't hurt the paint. How come you are removing the spoiler?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that about WD-40 -- but I haven't tried it yet. I took it off as the corner was lifting and I didn't want the whole thing to come flying off at 70+ someday. I got me some good quality tape and I'll know it's installed correctly when I do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your right, WD-40 will take off almost all sticky tape/decals. I used to make signs with vinyl lettering and used it all of the time to remove graphics. It also works good to remove those pesky dealer names from the back of your car. Don't over do it though, spray it on a soft cloth first and then apply it using the cloth on the sticky stuff only. Wipe clean and wash the area right after your done.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a good deal. I'll have to get me some of that tonight before heading home. It's killing me having this sticky crap on there and no spolier to boot.

Interesting that WD-40 will [hopefully] take it off, yet all these other chemicals won't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.