FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Adam, I went out and rigged the flashing mod. With the lights off it will flash fine. However when the running lights are on it won't flash at all, it will just stay lit. I guess you will need a resistor in there.

Edit: I think I might have rigged it up wrong. I'm going to try again tomorrow and post my results

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have been looking at those lights on Ebay all the time trying to wonder what I could do with them. I never thought of this! Thanks for the great idea! That may be my very next project.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Same results. The led's won't blink with the lights on.

Not that this has anything to do with the sidemarkers but here's a sneak peak of what I've been doing.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Just found the mod, didn't know it was stickied already! Looks great man!! How did you wire up your side marker mod, it sounds to me like they are ran to the signal bulb ground instead of the turn signal feed, which would in a sense just move where the light grounds and not actually change any functions of it at all.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=173924.msg3687336#msg3687336 date=1275938073]
Just found the mod, didn't know it was stickied already! Looks great man!! How did you wire up your side marker mod, it sounds to me like they are ran to the signal bulb ground instead of the turn signal feed, which would in a sense just move where the light grounds and not actually change any functions of it at all.
[/quote]

I tried it a couple different ways. The first attempt was to tap into the turn signal feed. That didn't work.
Then I did what the other sticky says to do and ground the sidemarker on the turn signal feed. Still nothing.

I'll check for you right now. Give me a 2 minutes.

Edit:
Just checked, the middle wire is the running lights. It's gray and yellow on my car. (07)

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay before I left to work I checked to make sure I was doing it right.
Everything was wired up right where it had to be. I used my wire tester and it confirmed it. So I took my sister's sidemarker and tried it and it worked just like it's supposed to.
It just doesn't work with my led's unless the running lights are on. It alternates with them on.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
I looked on ebay and didn't find any that were flat like yours, that were the right size. I also looked around google and only found really long strips. I also went around to local parts stores, and electrical stores and they had nothing. Could you point me in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
6,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Thanks bro! Hopefully I'll order that and resistors tonight or something, and get this project going! Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Just ordered 2 of those, and 2 6 ohm 50watt resistors!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts