FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have done their own install, were you able to find an existing hole in the firewall or did you drill a new one? Instructions, pics, links are all greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
LEAVE YOUR BULK HEAD ALONE (FIREWALL). Dont drill holes or cut any plastics to run the wire. You will end up with defaults. Most of those wires are runing to your PCM and ECU. Run the power wire through your fenders.

If you open your door, and look by where all your speaker wires and power side mirrors wires run through the edge of the door to your body. Leave that one alone and look under, you will see a little plug that is about the size of your power wire, it is by where you have the engine hood release switch.

Take of that plastic plug, cut the hole size of the wire, run your wiring through that. You might need a coat hanger, or go down to auto zone and buy that little hook arm that they use to get small parts from a tight spot. You will need that to grab the wire, because you will deal with a very but very tight spot. and from there is simple and easy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is some really great info!!! Thanks for posting up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"you will see a little plug that is about the size of your power wire "

Did he mention what size? 10 gauge? 1/0?

I ran an 8 gauge down the passenger fender and behind the passenger front splash shield. Drilled a hole, installed grommet, good to go. Amp is under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am having the same problem...glad I ran across this. I have a 4 guage wire, will it be too thick for the route you mention? If you have photos, please post them. I have my subs, components, both amps and capacitor ready to go...the power cable is my ONLY hold up. Thank you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the plug! Cool! If you could post pics of your route, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

It looks like 4 gauge might fit in that hole. I am going to be running 8g myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LEAVE YOUR BULK HEAD ALONE (FIREWALL). Dont drill holes or cut any plastics to run the wire. You will end up with defaults. Most of those wires are runing to your PCM and ECU. Run the power wire through your fenders.

If you open your door, and look by where all your speaker wires and power side mirrors wires run through the edge of the door to your body. Leave that one alone and look under, you will see a little plug that is about the size of your power wire, it is by where you have the engine hood release switch.

Take of that plastic plug, cut the hole size of the wire, run your wiring through that. You might need a coat hanger, or go down to auto zone and buy that little hook arm that they use to get small parts from a tight spot. You will need that to grab the wire, because you will deal with a very but very tight spot. and from there is simple and easy.
Yo can u please help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts