FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have really gotten alot of great information on the Fusion in this forum. I am 20 years old and currently drive a 2001 Nissan Sentra. One of my biggest complaints on the Sentra is that it has always had weak a/c. I've had it checked at the dealer several times and they said it was fine. How is the A/C on the Fusion? I know this car has alot in common with the Mazda 3 which is known for bad A/C. I live in Georgia where it gets in the mid-90's and very humid during the summer. Also those of you with the automatic climate controls how do you like them? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
377 Posts
I live in Southern California and do travel to desert conditions 100-degrees plus weather. And the Fusion has great A/C not a deep freezer but at 68-degrees you feel like putting a sweater in my car. Tinting the windows also helps cool the vehicle down when running the A/C. I give the FUSION (V6 which I own obcourse) a 92% on the A/C. Would of gave-it a 100% if the vehicle had ductwork for the rear passengers, but hey the Fusion starts at $17K for a 4-banger and $19K for a V6 can't complaint. But in all the FUSION HVAC is great.

This is my HVAC control sections:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have to agree with bpmetalmilitia. I live in Central California, here in the San Joaquin Valley. This area gets unconfortability hot (over a 100) and I have to give our Milan more than passing grade with, the Automatic Climate Control. If you adjust the controls down to 60 degrees and run the car for any length of time, the passengers are complaining it’s to cold.
Our car is silver with a mixture of black a tan leather interior with no tint on the windows and it sets outside, all day long.
That said, I have rented a lot of different cars over the last few years and have to say in general, the 134a air conditioners don’t work as good as the old r12 units (not as cold).
I highly recommend if you are thinking about purchasing any new car, go rent one and drive it. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Cross Bolt I live in the Central Valley too. I agree it gets Hot around here. I have a black Fusion with the charcoal interior and it gets pretty hot but I tinted the windows and use a sun shade and its not bad at all. The a/c is pretty good considering it has to cool a black car with ambient temps over 100 sometimes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sentra1985: Ciscoford23 has just given you your answer. A black car with charcoal interior is the worst case, especially where we live.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have a Dark Blue Pearl V6 Fusion with the Black Leather interior. I live in the panhandle of Florida, and it's been in the upper 90's for a while already.

I have tinted the windows and I usually pop the sunroof while parked, and I always use a sun shade for the windshield when parked.

But, you dont use it when driving. My A/C works pretty good, not a thing to complain about. Sometimes, it gets a little too cold and I have to bump it up to 72 or 73 [I usually keep it on 70] and it's very comfortable. The AUTO is great -- I love that function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I most likely won't be buying a car until October so it won't be hot then. I have narrowed it down to the Fusion SEL, Mazda 3 GT, and the Civic EX. I love the styling of the Fusion with the chrome grill. Hopefully they will fix the A/C problems on the Mazda 3 for the 2007 mid-model change. Thanks again.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sentra1985 ,

The Fusion is based on the Mazda 6 NOT the Mazda 3.

My a/c works great!  8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay Im replying to this post alittle late but I have to disagree. I live in South Florida and I have the V6, black leather, blue paint, and tint. The AC takes quite a while to cool the car. It is my only peeve besides the gas....On the contrary at night or on our rainy summer days it kicks butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts