FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'm a new member... so.. glad to be here!! :D

I'm looking to purchase a '07 Mercury Milan Premier with as many options as I can afford.. but with a 4-cylinder, manual powertrain.

The deal I have at Witt's Mercury-Lincoln (in San Diego, CA) is as follows:

4-cylinder Premier manual (17 inch alloys, 6 speaker system, leather, heated sideview mirrors, climate control, auto-dimming rearview, sunroof.. etc) according to them costs $22,900 (forgot the price, its around that much) MSRP. At the dealership, they have the price for sale at $20855, no haggling. They won't change that price. They offer a $1000 rebate from ford.. so the car would actually cost
$20,855 + tax ($1620) total of $22475 - $1000 for a total of $21475 with taxes and rebate included.

Now.. I would put down a $4000 down payment and finance approx $17475 for 60 months @ $335ish per month. apr would be 4.9%.

I'm 23, college educated and with a 700+ credit score... How does this offer sound to you guys?

One note too.. they only have a black, spoilerless Milan on the lot.. and they keep pushing me to buy it. I want an alloy colored one with the factory spoiler.. and won't take any less. They keep telling me that car doesn't exist. Are they bullshitting me?

Any advise would help! thanks!!

-cris

·
Registered
30 Posts
On top of the $1000 rebate they are also offering an additional $500 rebate if you finance through Ford Credit. If they give you a hard time about that, refer them to Mercury's website where it is listed plain as day.

I, too, will be purchasing an I-4 Premiere in the near future. No dealer in my area has a car with the options I want. When the time comes, I will insist that they search around for the one I want. If they can't find one, I will order from the factory. It's too big of an investment for me to not get what I want.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't know. I know that purchase payments are more than lease payments, but take this into account as well...

I am leasing my car for 36 months. I pay $284.13 for those three years, and then I have the residual value at the end of the term, should I choose to keep the car. The total of my payments is $10,228.68. After that, my residual value that my dealer and I signed at the time of lease is for $12,000 and change.

My Fusion is fully loaded with every available option for 2006. It stickered around $25,000 I believe. Anyway, after you add in my residual with what I have paid in lease payments -- it comes out cheaper in the end. Just how the deal worked on this particular vehicle.

I had an SVT Focus where it was cheaper to go through Ford Credit and pay purchase payments. I also leased my 2003 Ford Ranger -- it was a better deal.

Just be sure to come to an appropriate residual value based on the mileage and condition of the car that it will be in, along with the depreciation and you could come out on top.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=HoosierInFL link=topic=69191.msg1200020#msg1200020 date=1171156390]
On top of the $1000 rebate they are also offering an additional $500 rebate if you finance through Ford Credit. If they give you a hard time about that, refer them to Mercury's website where it is listed plain as day.

I, too, will be purchasing an I-4 Premiere in the near future. No dealer in my area has a car with the options I want. When the time comes, I will insist that they search around for the one I want. If they can't find one, I will order from the factory. It's too big of an investment for me to not get what I want.
[/quote]

that is AWESOME info! I will call them about this tomorrow.. make sure they apply it. this could bring my payments down about $10 a month or so. thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=69191.msg1201154#msg1201154 date=1171234200]
I don't know. I know that purchase payments are more than lease payments, but take this into account as well...

I am leasing my car for 36 months. I pay $284.13 for those three years, and then I have the residual value at the end of the term, should I choose to keep the car. The total of my payments is $10,228.68. After that, my residual value that my dealer and I signed at the time of lease is for $12,000 and change.

My Fusion is fully loaded with every available option for 2006. It stickered around $25,000 I believe. Anyway, after you add in my residual with what I have paid in lease payments -- it comes out cheaper in the end. Just how the deal worked on this particular vehicle.

I had an SVT Focus where it was cheaper to go through Ford Credit and pay purchase payments. I also leased my 2003 Ford Ranger -- it was a better deal.

Just be sure to come to an appropriate residual value based on the mileage and condition of the car that it will be in, along with the depreciation and you could come out on top.
[/quote]

So if I was to lease my car, I would pay a certain amount initially.. then I'd make monthly payments. After the lease would be over, how would my "buy it" option price be figured out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=HoosierInFL link=topic=69191.msg1200020#msg1200020 date=1171156390]

[/quote]

sorry to bug.. but I can't find the $500 rebate for financing through ford credit. Little help?

-cris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=HoosierInFL link=topic=69191.msg1201679#msg1201679 date=1171251266]
Go to www.mercuryvehicles.com. Click on the word Milan in the left hand menu. Under Shopping Tools, click on Financing. Then click on Special Offers.
[/quote]

It must be a geographical thing. At 92105 (san diego, ca) I have $1,000 rebate and $500 military (which i am not) apreciation rebate. I did find a student discount, though. It says so long as I graduated after May 5th 2005, I can get a recent graduate discount. I walked on May 16th 2005 =)

-cris

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is not that bad. My is 2007 Fusion SE V6 and the price was $24,000 and my was about 640 on my credit report. I have also add disability insurance on my car and total after $5000 down payment and my monthly was $300 amonth and 4.9% interest.

[quote author=Cris link=topic=69191.msg1199626#msg1199626 date=1171140253]
First of all, I'm a new member... so.. glad to be here!! :D

I'm looking to purchase a '07 Mercury Milan Premier with as many options as I can afford.. but with a 4-cylinder, manual powertrain.

The deal I have at Witt's Mercury-Lincoln (in San Diego, CA) is as follows:

4-cylinder Premier manual (17 inch alloys, 6 speaker system, leather, heated sideview mirrors, climate control, auto-dimming rearview, sunroof.. etc) according to them costs $22,900 (forgot the price, its around that much) MSRP. At the dealership, they have the price for sale at $20855, no haggling. They won't change that price. They offer a $1000 rebate from ford.. so the car would actually cost
$20,855 + tax ($1620) total of $22475 - $1000 for a total of $21475 with taxes and rebate included.

Now.. I would put down a $4000 down payment and finance approx $17475 for 60 months @ $335ish per month. apr would be 4.9%.

I'm 23, college educated and with a 700+ credit score... How does this offer sound to you guys?

One note too.. they only have a black, spoilerless Milan on the lot.. and they keep pushing me to buy it. I want an alloy colored one with the factory spoiler.. and won't take any less. They keep telling me that car doesn't exist. Are they bullshitting me?

Any advise would help! thanks!!

-cris
[/quote]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts