FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That dang black strip has been bugging me since I bought the car. Why would you cover up a perfictly good paint job just to give the look of one really big window......IT'S A 4-DOOR.......THERE ARE 4 WINDOWS....

I also had a problem with the cromed plastic grill......IT'S NOT METAL SO DON'T CROME IT....... Just my opinion.

Anyway, I rectified the problems

I did the same thing as the other thread on painting the grill. Hope you enjoy.

It's good to know someone that does body work for a living. I just helped labor wise (remove parts, scratch up the grille, and remove adhesive left on the doors. I left the painting to the expert.

Enjoy

Someone please show me how to load images to this thread. Until then you should be able to view the pics at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Re: How about a body color grill and body color pillers between front and rear w

Love to see it but the links not opening for me. Says yahoo pictures is closing sept 20 or something. Maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: How about a body color grill and body color pillers between front and rear w

Damn, that looks sweet. I guess the pillars never bothered me because my car is black. You need to paint the fog light bezels body color as well. 8) Although I am a huge fan of the stark chrome grille, your's looks good. Great job! :goodjob:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn......people are getting very creative!!!  :yay:

I love how the pillars look. However, the grill is another story. Since I have the same color fusion, I think the grill is too plain now. The ford logo no longer stands out, I think the grill looks a lot better chrome, plus the logo is the same color as the car. But anyways thats just my opinion, congrats on your idea, I never would have thought to do anything like that. It looks great!!!  :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I can;t see any pics. Are you refering to things like the chrome pillars that I see a lot of people putting on their vehicles?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Wow - I love the look of the painted pillars. I've thought about putting a black "Ford On-Star" (keypad) on the door for quite some time, but I think I might do this instead. Did the body shop dude say that the paint adhered well?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
That looks really good. I'm not sure if I would've done the grill though, but you've definately made it "one of a kind." I wonder what it would look like on white? My first scratch on my car is on that damn black pillar (gust of wind caught door, keys in hand, etc...) What did you do to the back, I didn't see any pics.?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

Looks good, but as stated above, never had the issue with a black car!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All, thanks for your comments, this does point out that the car is now on the blue side.
I drove the car with the bumper cover on but grills off while the paint dried, behind the grill is black and I almost wanted to paint the grill black instead. I like how the black and dark blue blend together. The car is a little on the blue side right now, but I have plans. The wiindows will be tinted as dark as I can get them and I am thinking about headlight and tailight covers. If anyone has "Need for Speed Underground 2" you can really mess around with colors and graphics. The fusion isn't in there but I found a car that resembled it a little bit. The finished product looks perfect but I got carried away in the game and probably can't afford all of what I want to do to the car. As far as the back of the car, it is all body color (factory).

My first choice was a black fusion, but I forget why I didn't get it. Don't get me wrong guys, I do like chrome, but I am picky. I think that there was just enough Chrome on the ford emblm to add contrast. I have plans for the wheels also. Don't know exactly what style but they will be 5 spoke and will show plenty of rubber. I saw a power coat called "silver vain" where it is silver and looks like it has black blood vains (pretty wicked). The wheels will eithor be that or black with blue lugs and metal blue valve stems. I kind of like the stealth look. I would then go for chrome exhaust tips.

Some of you would have thought that the black on would be dull if I got it because it would be all black, that would suck pretty much in the summer though.

Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fusedup,

How did you get the picture inserted? I thought there was some sore of file size restriction. Did you reduce the size of the image? If so, can you explain how you did it?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Pfunk,

Just use a web based picture hosting site..once you have your pictures uploaded there it will give you options with URL #'s and you can paste those #'s into your response on this forum. Google 'free picture hosting' and you will see the many choices you have.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Awesome! The pillars and the grille look great! Any reason you didn't paint the fog light bezels??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VDesigns,

I am going for a Black / Blue look. I am looking to darken the headlight covers and will probable look for some way to tint the fog lights.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Same color grilles are the way to go. Good idea on the pillars.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=FusionFury32 link=topic=86265.msg1645790#msg1645790 date=1187301835]
Hey "Fusedup"

Where did you get that hood? It looks GREAT!
[/quote]

FusionFury32,

Thanks, I actually have two of those hoods. MRT just recently released them for sale to the public. The MRT website also is now using a pic of my car on there website to promote the hood. You can find ordering and pricing info at www.mrt-direct.com click on 'styling' than 'exterior' and than 'ford fusion'

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

These are what you need now :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts