FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering why my factory CD player plays only a few songs on a CD then stop, and it barely plays burnt CDs that has very small minimum scrathches. I noticed that after a minute or two of play, when I take out the CD it is really hot!!!! Not warm, but very hot. Is that normal? I am thinking that is the reason it is acting that way.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=91978.msg1787566#msg1787566 date=1192627815]
I have been wondering why my factory CD player plays only a few songs on a CD then stop, and it barely plays burnt CDs that has very small minimum scrathches. I noticed that after a minute or two of play, when I take out the CD it is really hot!!!! Not warm, but very hot. Is that normal? I am thinking that is the reason it is acting that way.
[/quote]

mine gets real hot as well but have not had any issues with reading CD's at all. I have MP3's CD's, CD-r's, and Normal CD's i play and they all work fine but do get very hot.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, thanks Slater. Since my Fusion was used when I got it, there is no telling what the previous owner did to the CD player. I can't wait until I get another one.

·
Registered
910 Posts
my family owns quite a few fords and it seems the stereos only like cd-rs that were made specifically for music playback. Also they always seem to run hot as well (not just the discs but you can often touch the system itself and its hot!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts