FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just hit 2000miles on my fusion and its almost 3months old when i first got the car the trip computer use to give me between 20-23mpg overall and now im gettting about 13.7 mpg and i just filled it up and at first it said about 15.5 nog but now im back to the 13.0 range, wat is going on?

·
Registered
610 Posts
By chance, are do you have a V6 AWD with the AC on, driving mostly in the city (stop-and-go)?

[quote author=dino1426 link=topic=81432.msg1513331#msg1513331 date=1182726955]
Ive just hit 2000miles on my fusion and its almost 3months old when i first got the car the trip computer use to give me between 20-23mpg overall and now im gettting about 13.7 mpg and i just filled it up and at first it said about 15.5 nog but now im back to the 13.0 range, wat is going on?
[/quote]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have an i4/Auto SEL and yea mostly around city but im hardly in traffic and i do use the highway alot.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've noticed on my I4 that you have to reset your MPG every once in a while. Mine tends to find a number it likes and sticks with it, regardless of what type of driving I'm doing. The AVG seems to update every once in a while, but the current MPG almost always says 24.~

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but its really upsetting because i cant really rely on the trip computer and its always telling me im averaging 12mph in which would not make sense cuz im always moving at least 35mph to 60mph.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Dino,

I'm sure our fellow member Boz will attest to the fact that Fusions don't give very good mileage with the short trips around town and in the stop and go. They seem better at the longer distances. My daily commute is 35-40 minutes in the city stop & go and I average 21MPG. Try resetting the avg mileage function prior to leaving on every trip, this will give you the most accurate reading (without calculating it manually that is.) Try using a different gas station, I know with my V6, it doesn't like gas companies who use a lot of ethenol in the gas (where I live Sunoco has the highest at 10%) it goes like water.

Good luck

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=81432.msg1514757#msg1514757 date=1182788662]
Hi Dino,

I'm sure our fellow member Boz will attest to the fact that Fusions don't give very good mileage with the short trips around town and in the stop and go. They seem better at the longer distances. ...[/quote]

Oh hell yes, Fusion4u, I can definitely attest to the low in-city gas mileage. Our 2007 V6 AWD SEL is still holding at 14.8 mpg because of short hops and stop-n-go driving. Highway trips net 24 to 26 mpg but 95 percent of our travel in in-city driving. A definite bummer but we like most everything else about the car.

We sympathize with all Fusion owners who are getting poor mileage and envy those who get high mileage. In retrospect, we should have bought an I4 manual. It would have been more fun and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im gunna try either hess or Exxon i've always seemed to have the best experience with Exxon. BTW i always put BP because its close to my house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts