FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MP3 player. How do I hook it up to the factory head unit? I am new to MP3 players and the such.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you have a 2007 fusion check out the center counsel armrest compartment and next to the 12volt plug there should be an audio in jack. If there isnt one, then you would have to take the radio out and plug in an adapter which is about $100ish to have an aux in that runs when you press the aux button on your radio. Otherwise you could get an fm modulator that also plugs into the back but runs off a dedicated radio station instead, they are much cheaper, $50 or less.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 06 model. The FM modulator sounds good to me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you keept stock H/U; then you can search for a PIE adapter. I have one in my car but I don't recall the model #. I would give PIE a call.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=96271.msg1893901#msg1893901 date=1196700594]
If you keept stock H/U; then you can search for a PIE adapter. I have one in my car but I don't recall the model #. I would give PIE a call.
[/quote]

Thanks. I would apreciate that.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Go for the PIE adaptor... Whatever you do, stay away from the FM transmitters. They're more of a PITA than it's worth. Not to mention, if you drive 15 miles from your home, you'll probably need to be looking for new empty stations to transmit on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=96271.msg1894920#msg1894920 date=1196725382]
Go for the PIE adaptor... Whatever you do, stay away from the FM transmitters. They're more of a PITA than it's worth. Not to mention, if you drive 15 miles from your home, you'll probably need to be looking for new empty stations to transmit on.
[/quote]

I agree with this. If you do get the FM transmitter, make sure you get triptunes from ford. It is $50 and it comes with a power switch so when you flip it on, it disables the antenna and draws streight from the source so that nothing interupts the signal nomatter where you are.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife bought me the FM transmitter. You all are right, it is kinda crappy. I had problems finding a station with no reception, then after a while the station begins to get a little reception, causing my MP3 player to loose signal with the radio. Well, it is temporary anyway until I get a new radio that is MP3/Ipod ready.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=96271.msg1893901#msg1893901 date=1196700594]
[/quote]

pkoko,

Do you like the P.I.E. adapter? Have you had any issues with it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not at all, I love the pie adapter; it has excellent sound quality and has given me no problems. PIE has excellent reputation in car audio integration.

However it has some drawbacks. It is only a 2 source auxiliary IN module. It can't control your ipod. It is also expensive for what you get. Also IIRC, you can't use it with sat radio. I would double check that with a PIE rep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts